Advise for systems?

SWPalmer7

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
Hello all.

I currently have an Alienware 14 (2013) with an i7 4710MQ gtx 765m and 16gb ram. Everything is stock except for the screen which I opted for the 1080p variant. I am selling it, a guy is buying for $1500. Now, with that I was thinking about getting the baseline Alienware 13 for school and light games, and with the remaining 600ish dollars get an HP tower, the one I am looking at has an i7 4770 and 8gb of ram. If anyone has any better ideas please share.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Why do you want to play games at the laptop and get an okay desktop which has a way to powerfull cpu for daily work.
I would do it the other way round.Get a nice game pc and a decent laptop for school.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

What's with the love for Alienware? If you like that so much why sell the current laptop? If you just want another one go for it.
Why the tower pc next to it? Do you need it? The power of the i7 i mean.
Don't get me wrong,it sounds like i'm annoyed,but i'm just curious about your choices,no offence.:)

Archgaull

Admirable
Personally, I avoid alienware. Are their systems good? Yes. Are the overpriced? Hell yes.

Why not just build your own and get more powerful hardware for the same price?

SWPalmer7

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
I could build my own tower, but I would still need something for school. Figured the 13 would suit me more than not so portable 14

Archgaull

Admirable
My advice is to make your own tower, then find a place that is selling a cheap laptop. You don't need something with hardcore specs if you're just using it for schoolwork.