Question Advise on using PC and TV in different rooms

Ponita

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2012
Hello,

I currently have a Dell Monitor connected to a laptop in my office.
I also have a desktop PC connected to a TV with HDMI in my bedroom. I use this PC basically to play games using a PS4 controller via Bluetooth (with a Bluetooth usb adapter connected to pc).
However, I'd also like to connect this PC to my Dell monitor located in the office so I can play games using mouse and keyboard.

These two rooms are 5 meters distant (from monitor to TV).

To sum up, these are my concerns:

- I have the possibility to pass cables through the wall pipes structure, but I think an HDMI cable is too thick, considering the heads too.

- I could use those HDMI RJ45 extensions but I don't know one which is good for gaming (low latency).

- If I left the PC in my bedroom, I'd need to have a good wireless mouse and keyboard to play in the office without delay. I don't know a good option for that too.
I can't see another way to use m&k from desktop PC withouth them being wireless.

Well, I was hoping you could help me with some ideas or sharing similar experiences you've had about this topic.

Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Considering that it's a bedroom, my thought process would have the gaming PC in the office room as well whereby the gaming system is used after you've wrapped up on work. I've had a previous incident where the gaming machine dumped heat into the room and was also noisy, not to mention a big advertising board at night(I like to sleep without any lights).

Ponita

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2012
Considering that it's a bedroom, my thought process would have the gaming PC in the office room as well whereby the gaming system is used after you've wrapped up on work. I've had a previous incident where the gaming machine dumped heat into the room and was also noisy, not to mention a big advertising board at night(I like to sleep without any lights).
Thanks for your answer!

Yes, that was my first thought. However, I had to consider two things:

1. The office doesn't have air conditioner, and my bedroom does. I live in a very hot city and it might be better to guarantee the PC proper cooling.

2. If I put the desktop in the office, I'll have to find a way to use the PS4 controller via Bluetooth in the bedroom, which would need to cover a 5+ meter range and pass through walls and doors. I don't know if there is a device that good.

Regarding the noise/light I don't care much about them. I use to have this desktop in my bedroom, so I'm used to its noise.