[SOLVED] Aegis 3 GPU options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeOwnE

Reputable
Jun 5, 2015
Hello all,
First, pardon my ignorance, I am only semi-knowledgeable when it comes to these things.

I am looking at upgrading my GPU from a GTX 1070 to a AMD gpu. partly to help get the most out of a monitor that was gifted to me (Freesync 2) and for possible future monitors with freesync (just to make my life easier.)

Without changing anything else, what AMD GPU would work with this PC?

MSI Aegis 3
Intel® Core™ i7-7700 Processor
Intel® B250
2 x SO-DIMMs DDR4 2400MHz Max. 32GB
MSI GeForce® GTX 1070 Gaming 8GB GDDR5
450W 80 Plus Bronze (1U)

Looking to try to keep it under $300, but can be a little flexible.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
For an AMD upgrade a RX 5700xt, problem is the Aegis 3 uses a flex atx PSU and those are limited. You'd be looking at $400 for the gpu and $165 for a 600w Flex atx PSU.

bignastyid

Titan
You can run gsync on freesync monitors(Nvidia enabled this awhile ago). Make sure you are using displayport to connect the monitor then just open Nvidia control panel and under display go to setup G-Sync and check enable.
For $300 and only a 450w PSU(which is already on the small side for a GTX 1070) you won't get very far with an AMD GPU.

Reactions: LeeOwnE

LeeOwnE

Reputable
Jun 5, 2015
You can run gsync on freesync monitors(Nvidia enabled this awhile ago). Make sure you are using displayport to connect the monitor then just open Nvidia control panel and under display go to setup G-Sync and check enable.
For $300 and only a 450w PSU(which is already on the small side for a GTX 1070) you won't get very far with an AMD GPU.

I probably need to go through and tweak further settings honestly. I do have it hooked up through Displayport with freesync, though it had some issues starting out. I almost feel I get better picture through HDMI. Again could just been something with my settings.

If I have a bigger budget, would you happen to know what would be a good next step up in terms of GPU and PSU that would fit the case?

LeeOwnE

Reputable
Jun 5, 2015
For an AMD upgrade a RX 5700xt, problem is the Aegis 3 uses a flex atx PSU and those are limited. You'd be looking at $400 for the gpu and $165 for a 600w Flex atx PSU.

Sorry but I was hoping you could help with one more question.
I am having trouble locating a 600w Flex atx psu. do you happen to know where I can find them at or a possible alternative?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS