Dec 13, 2011
TomHardwares is late once again!

I saw these a few months ago.
http://www.eteknix.com/aerocool-ds-dead-silence-120mm-140mm-fan-review/

Waiting for them to come in PWM

zakaron

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
I like quiet fans that can deliver a usable amount of air, and these look to be just that. I found on another article, for those that are curious, you are getting a fluid dynamic bearing for your ~$20.

Finally some fans that are close to matching Cougar's turbine and vortex fans. Both of those Cougars produce 60.4CFM with 17.7 dBA. I'll still take the extra 5.6CFM over the 1.9dBA noise difference though.

KaiserPhantasma

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2013
Finally some fans that are close to matching Cougar's turbine and vortex fans. Both of those Cougars produce 60.4CFM with 17.7 dBA. I'll still take the extra 5.6CFM over the 1.9dBA noise difference though.

And the Cougar Vortex fans are $6 cheaper.

so from what I understand from this is the cougar fans are better because of the price point where its at?

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Cougar fans are better cause they are cheaper and move more air at almost the same noise level

Did Cougar fix their PWM whine noise issue yet?

I have 6 of their CF-V12HP Vortex Hydro-Dynamic-Bearing PWM fans and they all have either a ticking sound or a high pitch while when running lower than 1200RPM. But if I connect them to a 3pin fan header, no more noise which defeats the purpose of paying more for the PWM version. I even RMA them twice and it still emits noise.

Strife21

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009

I don't purchase the PWM fans, I use them as case fans connected to my fan controller and I get no noise, tick or whine. If I am going with PWM fans I purchase Noctua.

Status
Not open for further replies.