[SOLVED] Aerocool Orbit 120mm fans

ItzUknown888

Commendable
Jul 10, 2019
My motherboard has only one sys_fanheader and I wanted to ask if I could run a fan hub from the cpu _fanheader and plug in the 3 aerocool orbit 120mm fans and the cpu cooler (the fans are 3 pin and i dont know if I will be able to control them through the remote that comes with them can anyboy help me?

Solution
No. And yes. You can plug in anything you want to, it'll work. The cpu header is dedicated pwm. That means it sees a constant 12v and speed is controlled by the pwm signal. 3 pin fans are voltage controlled so on a pwm header they'll run at a constant 12v full speed.

The remote only controls the lighting affects, not fan speeds, RGB is seperate from that.

So actual control is setup via the motherboard, rgb is seperate, and thats what'll plug into the hub, not the fans themselves. 2 wires per fan.

Both wires are 3pin, and the fans operate at 7v-12v, so if you plug into the cpu_fan header, there's no temp control for cpu temps, the fans run flat out always. If you plug into sys_fan, then you'll have fan speed control, but it won't be...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
No. And yes. You can plug in anything you want to, it'll work. The cpu header is dedicated pwm. That means it sees a constant 12v and speed is controlled by the pwm signal. 3 pin fans are voltage controlled so on a pwm header they'll run at a constant 12v full speed.

The remote only controls the lighting affects, not fan speeds, RGB is seperate from that.

So actual control is setup via the motherboard, rgb is seperate, and thats what'll plug into the hub, not the fans themselves. 2 wires per fan.

Both wires are 3pin, and the fans operate at 7v-12v, so if you plug into the cpu_fan header, there's no temp control for cpu temps, the fans run flat out always. If you plug into sys_fan, then you'll have fan speed control, but it won't be controlled by cpu temp, but case temps from wherever the sensor is on the board.

If the fans were pwm 4pin, this wouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
Solution