[SOLVED] Aerocool United Power 500w 80+white is enough?

Jun 19, 2020
Hi, i''ve just bought a power supply for my pc here is the spec.:

Intel core i3 9100f
Asrock RX 570 4g
4x2gb ram 2666 (run on 2400mhz)
ssd 120 gb
hdd 500gb
6x mejec rgb fan case

and i use the aerocool united power 500w 80+ white for the psu
daily use for gaming gta v valorant pubg lite, also editing with ae or pr

do the psu enough for me?

Solution
If you are talking about the 80 plus it is not a quality cert it is simply an efficiency cert and not a good measure of a psus build quality.

If you are wanting a psu that will fry the system and potentially burn down your house it's a good choice, but if you want a good reliable psu then you have chosen poorly.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Hi, i''ve just bought a power supply for my pc here is the spec.:

Intel core i3 9100f
Asrock RX 570 4g
4x2gb ram 2666 (run on 2400mhz)
ssd 120 gb
hdd 500gb
6x mejec rgb fan case

and i use the aerocool united power 500w 80+ white for the psu
daily use for gaming gta v valorant pubg lite, also editing with ae or pr

do the psu enough for me?

Yuck. Ancient group-regulated design and only really has 420W of +12V power. Aerocools aren't worth buying unless you're at the high-end of their product line (and even then I'd be uneasy given the company's spotty history).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2720853

Return it if you can and get something like a CX 550 or 650 (2017 units, look for the grey/black "CX" not the green "CX")

Jun 19, 2020
Yuck. Ancient group-regulated design and only really has 420W of +12V power. Aerocools aren't worth buying unless you're at the high-end of their product line (and even then I'd be uneasy given the company's spotty history).

but it has this certificate

Sketchy link removed by mod

bignastyid

Titan
If you are talking about the 80 plus it is not a quality cert it is simply an efficiency cert and not a good measure of a psus build quality.

If you are wanting a psu that will fry the system and potentially burn down your house it's a good choice, but if you want a good reliable psu then you have chosen poorly.

Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
but it has this certificate

Sketchy link removed by mod

Don't ask a question if you're not prepared to hear an answer you don't like.

It's a garbage PSU and it's irresponsible to use it. Now, it's a free country and you can be as irresponsible as you want with your possessions as long as you're not hurting anyone else, but nobody has to bless a poor decision for you.

TRENDING THREADS