Question Aerocool VX 500 How long can it survive

May 11, 2022
I have a VX 500 500watts psu

Will it survive in this specs

gtx1050
I5 7400
8gb ram
500gb hdd

im planning to use it to play games like valorant and csgo or roblox and use it for my online classes but im only gonna use in about 4 months maybe 5 until i can buy a new better psu. Is there anyway to make it not die on me or fry my components.

(Im still new to computers)

Lutfij

Titan
If it's brand new, then it might very well "survive" but if it's used, then I'd say please don't invest in used gear, especially for a PSU since you have no way of verifying what the PSU was used to power and under what sort of stressful conditions. Spend once and let your system live out the rest of it's useful lifecycle.

Is there anyway to make it not die on me or fry my components.
Yes, by not buying it.

May 11, 2022
Update : I was opening my pc when i turned around and saw smoke between the pc and avr
(i was preparing for my online class)

After that i immediately closed my pc from the back side. I thought it was the avr becausw i was denying that it was my pc so i used my surge protector that is connected to my avr and plugged my fan on it. It was still working and i waited for a bit and it was fine. After that i tried my monitor and it was the same result until i tried to open my pc. I used the surge connector to open my pc then the fan lighta where blinking, so i turned it off again. I contacted the shop where i bought my pc and i said everything. I was suprise that it works completely fine when they turned it on. I also asked them if they could replace the psu because i saw smoke and the burning smell of plastic but they refused and tolled me that "it was the psu then the computer wouldnt work". After that i just said okay then waited for my pc to get shipped back.

May 11, 2022
Update : I was opening my pc when i turned around and saw smoke between the pc and avr
(i was preparing for my online class)

After that i immediately closed my pc from the back side. I thought it was the avr becausw i was denying that it was my pc so i used my surge protector that is connected to my avr and plugged my fan on it. It was still working and i waited for a bit and it was fine. After that i tried my monitor and it was the same result until i tried to open my pc. I used the surge connector to open my pc then the fan lighta where blinking, so i turned it off again. I contacted the shop where i bought my pc and i said everything. I was suprise that it works completely fine when they turned it on. I also asked them if they could replace the psu because i saw smoke and the burning smell of plastic but they refused and tolled me that "it was the psu then the computer wouldnt work". After that i just said okay then waited for my pc to get shipped back.

Should i still use it guys

TRENDING THREADS