Affordable computer for gaming help please!

kimccino

Reputable
May 22, 2018
Hi, I am trying to build a somewhat affordable computer that can last me for a long time.

Monitor I am looking at is 27inch 120hz 1080p and I hope to run games at very close to 120hz at medium to high settings.

The setup I came up with is as following;
cpu - intel i5 8400
motherboard - Asus Prime Z370-P

gpu - either:
8GB GTX 1070 Asus Dual
8GB GTX1080 Asus Turbo
(1080 might be stretch but I would like a card that can last a long time)

ram - 16GB corsair vengeance lpx black (maybe 8GB)
psu - corsair TX650M

SSD - m.2 860 evo
HDD - WD Blue 1TB

I would really appreciate any suggestion on more efficient combination or if there is any crucial issue in this mix.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Solution
Looks good to me. Only thing to make it less money might be Ryzen,take a look at the Ryzen 2600 with a decent B450 motherboard,ram might be abit more expensive since wanting faster ram,like between 2933mhz <-> 3466mhz.

Don't know it's price,but maybe a different M.2 ssd might be less expensive.

Other thing,the gtx 1070 ti might be close to gtx 1070 prices so look at that one too.Don't know where you live so advice is abit general. If you are US or another country available in the pcpartpicker could we maybe give more to the point advice and suggest parts.Country can be changed at the right hand topside.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Looks good to me. Only thing to make it less money might be Ryzen,take a look at the Ryzen 2600 with a decent B450 motherboard,ram might be abit more expensive since wanting faster ram,like between 2933mhz <-> 3466mhz.

Don't know it's price,but maybe a different M.2 ssd might be less expensive.

Other thing,the gtx 1070 ti might be close to gtx 1070 prices so look at that one too.Don't know where you live so advice is abit general. If you are US or another country available in the pcpartpicker could we maybe give more to the point advice and suggest parts.Country can be changed at the right hand topside.

Solution