[SOLVED] Afraid of bottlenecking

Ilegator

Prominent
Aug 30, 2019
I have been using an i7 3770 @ 3,4 Ghz for almost 6 years. I seems to be working fine tho. I bought a RX580 8GB a few days ago and it was a great improvement from my older GTX 750 Ti. I'm happy for this card except for the fact that Minecraft is working terribly (and it's the game I play the most). I did everything I can to fix it, but it seems to me like a better idea to return this RX and buy one that will certainly work well with Minecraft. Do you think a GTX 1660 OC 6GB (not Ti) will be too much for my processor? Would it be a good idea to try to overclock my processor (in case I buy that card) as Intel says it can be overclocked to 3,9 Ghz?
My power supply is 600W carrying 2 HDDs + 1 SSD + x2 4GB DDR3 RAM. I recently bought a 144Hz 1080p monitor.

Is there any cheap non AMD option that can fit with my processor?
Also if anyone has the same problem with Minecraft and RX580, please tell me.

Thank you.

Ilegator

Prominent
Aug 30, 2019
Interesting I don't believe it's the RX 580 I've seen people have a 2080 Ti with an I7 2500K so there could be other problems...what model is your PSU? and can you describe what you mean by working terribly?
My PSU is a "Tacens Mars Gaming 600W". Minecraft is not working "so terribly": 90-180 fps with OptiFine. However, I don't know if you have ever played minecraft but to actually have a smooth experience you need about +250 fps. Even more since I have this 144Hz monitor. I did get them with my older card (which is much worse), and I get very good performance with heavy games with this card, so it must be some incompatibility between Minecraft and a RX580 or even AMD. I have 25 days to return the card and to get a new one.