after 4 to 5 hours the entire pc won't respond and the task manager cannot be opened

IxSalehxI

Reputable
Aug 31, 2015
i'm on Windows 8.1
GTX 1050 Ti
i3-4160
HDD WD Blue 1TB
Dell Optiplex 3020
well i run my pc before 7 months ago, and well before 2 days i did some updates on my pc, i mean i wasn't updating my whole pc from it's first day. i updated it after several hours suddenly i was on the voice chat app "Discord" and i tried to make a call and suddenly the app stopped working but it's still on the screen, i opened the windows explorer and everything was fine but i went to my Pictures folder all thumbnails were a white file icon, and then i tried to open a game named "Overwatch" and it's not opening at all, i mean i clicked on it but it doesn't shown to me at all, then i tried to open the task managers in all ways but still it's not being shown on my screen. then i tried to shut down my pc but it gets stuck into the Shut down Word. so after 5 minutes i turned off the pc with the PSU it self. and i run it and everything is fine and after another 4-5 hours the same problem and the deja vu begins, i did a restore point from the last 7 days ago and did a checkdisc and undo everything i did in the last 7 days ago and still the problem is here. Please i will be so thankful if anyone helped me :( i really don't want to format my pc and install the windows again :(

Solution
have you got the latest drivers from dell?

try this, open command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, DISM cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC
that will check if its windows

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you got the latest drivers from dell?

try this, open command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, DISM cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC
that will check if its windows

Solution