After 5 yrs Win 7 reinstall is still failing!

ajhiker

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014
After 5 years why is it that windows 7 is still getting stuck and then fails to install altogether while expanding windows files? There are no issued messages, no error codes not even a suggestion of what went wrong other than "Install Windows : Windows cannot install required files. The files may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error Code 0x80070570. Any changes that were made to your computer during the installation process will not be saved." There are No log files saved. It just rolls over and falls on its back like a stone. How am I supposed to know what to do? It seems though ram disk space was under allocated and that temporarily removing ram forces the allocation to expand. During the install users of your software have no control over what file are available in the iso downloads from mstf.digitalrivercontent.net. Can someone at Microsoft please fix the problem with the iso installers Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-58997.iso
SHA1 Hash value: 6C9058389C1E2E5122B7C933275F963EDF1C07B9
and
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-59465.iso
SHA1 Hash value: 36AE90DEFBAD9D9539E649B193AE573B77A71C83

Solution
Nothing will have changed in those five years. Why were you expecting them to?

Did you verify the ISO hashes before writing them to the disk, and did you verify the disk afterwards?

I have installed Win7 at least a dozen times (on systems ranging from 1GiB to 8GiB RAM), and have never run into that error. Fairly sure I haven't seen it here, either.
Nothing will have changed in those five years. Why were you expecting them to?

Did you verify the ISO hashes before writing them to the disk, and did you verify the disk afterwards?

I have installed Win7 at least a dozen times (on systems ranging from 1GiB to 8GiB RAM), and have never run into that error. Fairly sure I haven't seen it here, either.

Solution