[SOLVED] after a big storm stuck at "starting windows" screen

mrigank_2

Reputable
Oct 28, 2016
I had turned off my pc before the storm happened but still when i tried to turn my system on it gets stuck at ''starting windows".
I have also tried to launch 'startup repair' but after the windows is loading files screen happens my moniter screen turns off for a second and it get stuck when it turns back on and i can barely see a microsoft corporation thing written in the lower portion of my screen.
I even tried some other options in the advanced boot options like safe mode,last know configuration, etc but nothing seems to works, my pc is working until it is accessing boot settings or some bios related settings but when my system tries to access the SATA hard disk it freezes up.
Please someone advice me on what to do this type of thing has never happened to me and to top all of that it is happening in a freaking lockdown.
I think my bios,motherboard and everything else is ok so if my harddisk is gone can someone suggest me a recovery software or something.

Solution
When there is a storm and you want to turn your system off make sure you unplug it from the wall too. Even when your system is shutdown there is still power going in.
I had turned off my pc before the storm happened but still when i tried to turn my system on it gets stuck at ''starting windows".
I have also tried to launch 'startup repair' but after the windows is loading files screen happens my moniter screen turns off for a second and it get stuck when it turns back on and i can barely see a microsoft corporation thing written in the lower portion of my screen.
I even tried some other options in the advanced boot options like safe mode,last know configuration, etc but nothing seems to works, my pc is working until it is accessing boot settings or some bios related settings but when my system tries to access the SATA hard disk it freezes up.
Please someone advice me on what to do this type of thing has never happened to me and to top all of that it is happening in a freaking lockdown.
I think my bios,motherboard and everything else is ok so if my harddisk is gone can someone suggest me a recovery software or something.
What most likely happened is that power flicker caused some windows system corruption. Your best bet is to download same windows again, make a boot USB and start repair from it.

Reactions: The_Prophecy