Question After a couple hours my Fortnite instantly feels choppy and not smooth at all in fullscreen, until I switch it to windowed fullscreen...WEIRD???

Jul 9, 2018
Ok so I've been having this problem since i built my pc a few months ago. When I first turn on my pc and load up fortnite it runs very smooth and as expected (fairly stable 144 FPS capped) for a couple of hours and then out of nowhere it just flips a switch and instantly becomes extremely choppy and unplayable imo. It still says the same FPS tho, so I know its not frame drops or anything like that. The only fixes I have is restarting my pc to start the process over, or, as weird as this may sound, switching it to windowed fullscreen mode???? The instant I switch it to that the game feels so smooth again and not choppy whatsoever. But once I switch it back to fullscreen, its soo choppy and feels like 50 fps like before?? I have no idea wtf could be causing this. I've tried just about everything.. overclocking my cpu, ram, gpu, deleting and reinstalling, updating all drivers, ect. Nothing seems to help. Everything in my pc is new, aside from the GPU, which was tested before purchasing and like new. Here are my specs..CPU-Ryzen 3 2200g, GPU- MSI RX 570, 8GB ddr4 RAM, ASROCK AB350 pro4 MB, 600w power supply, 240gb ssd, 500gb hd....I was thinking it could be a temp issue, but that wouldn't make sense because it instantly feels better when switched to windowed fullscreen. ANY suggestions will help, i'm lost :/

Jul 9, 2018
The PSU is an EVGA 600W 80+ certified, bought new from Best Buy. The model number is 100-W1-0600-K1. Fortnite is the only game I play so I cant really say if it affects other games. My monitor is an HP 25mx 144 hz freesync monitor. The res is 1920x1080p.

Jul 9, 2018
List the make and MODEL number of this PSU. Is this issue only related to FORTNITE, or even other PC games ?? What's the screen resolution and refresh rate of your MONITOR ??
Im starting think its something to do with my radeon settings and freesync/vsync. I have vysnc off in game and freesync on, but when you play windowed fullscreen im pretty sure windows does some type of vsync in the backround and that could be why its feels smooth again.. But what causes it to suddenly be unsmooth in fullscreen is beyond me...I make sure nothing is running in the backround also, and have even set my cpu priority for fortnite as high. I could see why it would be a hardware issue if it wasn't for the smoothness I get instantly from switching to windowed fullscreen, that tells me its something with freesync/amd settings, imo. Wdyt? Would that make sense?

OKAY, that's an average quality PSU from EVGA. Not the very best in terms of quality/efficiency, but I don't think PSU can the culprit here. To narrow down this issue, it would be much better if you try playing other Games as well, just to rule out this issue.

But I think this issue might also be directly related to the game itself, which is Fortnite in your case. OR, this could also be a GPU driver issue. And yes, it would worth checking the Freesync, Vsync and AMD's control panel settings as well.