After a few hours of using the PC, suddenly screen goes "NO SIGNAL", mouse and mouse pad switch off lights, system unrespondin

Aug 4, 2018
PC Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X - 8 cores
Motherboard: Asus Prime X470-PRO
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz (2x 8GB)
GPU: Strix 1080ti 11GDDR5X
Cooler (CPU): NZXT Kraken x62
Case Fans: UpHere RGB Fans
Storage: 2TB HDD 2.5" / 256GB Samsung M.2 970EVO (System on M.2)
PSU: EVGA 750 G3
Case: DEEPCOOL EARLKASE RGB (White case)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Problem started after I have built my Gaming/Editing PC, and it actually happens rarely (happened 4 times until the time of this message, and the PC was built 8 days ago from this message).

So the problem exactly is as follows: I start up my computer with all these fancy RGBs and everything is fine. I use the computer for a few hours and then suddenly, the screen goes black and displays "NO SIGNAL" , as if there is not source to display, and I have a Razer Mamba Tournament Edition Mouse that switches off its RGB lights ass soon as the screen goes black, and I also have a Razer Firefly RGB mouse pad that it's RGB lights go off too! Ofcource, the mouse is not working at this point. As for the keyboard, I have a Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2. So when the screen goes black with "NO SIGNAL" displaying on the screen, Mouse is off with all RGB lights on it are off, and the mouse pad RGBs are off too, my keyboard lights stay ON, but its light cycle stops at the point that is has reached. So lets say I have a red wave of RGB moving on my keyboard .. as soon as this problem occurs, the wave stops as where is reached and stays there as constant. Now coming to the PC itself, when this problem happens, the PC RGB lights are ALL still ON and cycling through the effect that I have assigned them for. So the PC becomes unresponsive. I try to press random keys on the keyboard but nothing happens. I press CTRL+ALT+DEL and nothing happens. I try to hold down the power button on the case to force shut it down but that doesn't even work and doesn't do anything. Even if I press the power button once, it doesn't do anything. So the PC stays ON with all its RGB lights on and cycling in their effect, while the mouse and mousepad RGB lights are OFF and the keyboard RGB lights are ON but are stuck constant on the effect that I have assigned them for. I tried leaving the PC like this for some time but nothing seems to change. So the only solution that I came up with is to switch it OFF from the wall power which is not good, but I have no other choice, because I have to turn off the PC and not leave it just like that hanging around and not responding. So after I switch the wall power OFF, I turn it back ON and press the power on the PC, and it starts up no problem, but then it doesn't start up like it usually does, because usually it starts up with an ASUS logo with their moto, followed by the windows screen that I have to type my password on. So instead, it shows the ASUS logo with their moto as usual but then, the windows 10 logo shows up in the top middle screen with a dotted circle effect in the bottom middle screen circulating around. After that, a light blue screen shows up with 3 choices to press on:

1- Windows 10
2- Windows 10 Pro
3- Windows 10 Home Language

So I choose number 2 obviously (Windows 10 Pro), because it's the OS that I have installed on my M.2 . {{{I really don't know where the other two OSs came from. But actually, on my 2.5" HDD I had Windows 10 Home Language, because this HDD was from my laptop. So I took the HDD out from my laptop and placed it in the PC as storage to get more space for installing some programs and heavy games like GTA V. When I realized that I have Windows 10 Home Language on my HDD, I deleted it and restarted my PC which made no difference at all! I still saw the 3 choices again when the problem occurred in a future time after deleting that windows folder from the HDD.}}} After choosing that, I boot immediately into windows 10 pro with the password screen there. I type my password and login to my PC as if nothing have ever happened. So I just don't really understand the core of this problem.

I'm pretty sure that my Kraken x62 is well mounted on the CPU, I even took my PC to some "Gaming PC Experts" and showed them everything and they told me that my PC has no issues (This was before I even know about this problem). I made sure of the RAMs being snug and tight on the channels. I also made sure of the wires that are plugged into the motherboard and also checked the GPU and its pretty good and snug in it's channel.

My PC thermals are very good: CPU idle at 37 to 48 C (Never overclocked anything on my PC) and goes to about 60 C when under load, like playing GTA V on ultra settings. GPU idle on about 34 C usually, but its currently 30 C as I write this message. The GPU fans are set to AUTO, so they start spinning when under load, and as load gets higher, they spin faster. I think the fastest they have gotten when I like played GTA V on ultra settings in about 43%. When I play a game like this on ultra, the glass on the case feels hot to the touch were the GPU is, but not very hot to the limit that I can't put my hand there for a long time.

I have my two 140mm radiator fans in-taking air to the case from the bottom side, and my three UpHere fans exhausting air from the top and the other upper side (Two of the UpHere fans are on top of the case and one of them is right next to the other two but placed on the side of the case).

My PSU has an "ECO" switch on it that I have never used.

I bought my RAM on a speed of 3200Mhz. But when I put them in, their speeds where about 2133Mhz, So I overclocked them to 3200Mhz.

I use my Samsung 56" TV as my monitor for now, and willing to buy a high refresh rate monitor soon.

I use internet on an Extender device that pulls WiFi from the source. I then use a 2 meter ethernet cable to connect from the Extender device to my PC. (Internet speeds on my PC is 60Mbps Download and 50Mbps Upload).

I built this PC for exactly $2337.88 (Including shipping and taxes).

magnuskolstad

Reputable
Sep 8, 2015

What is the solution exactly? Me and my friend is struggling, we think his i5 7400 might be dead after we forgot to plug in the 8-pin CPU power connector.