Question after adding RAM only "beep"

Jun 7, 2019
Hi
I got really trouble after adding 8gb more ram desktop making quick "beep" sound and it doesn't boot

motherboar: gigabyte b85m-d3h

old RAM: Ballistix Sport VLP 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) UDIMM 240

new RAM: Ballistix Sport VLP 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) UDIMM 240

so they are exactly the same as you can see I've check slots and after I put RAM in slot 2 beeping starts. new RAM is working as good as old one. bios is updated. I was looking for solution everywhere and I had bad filling my motherboard is broken but maybe there is some other way to fix it

KKMasterYT

Prominent
Apr 4, 2019
You probably didn't seat the RAM sticks correctly in the motherboard. Try taking it out and reseating it. Hope this helps :D. Or try another slot if that "2nd" slot doesn't work.

If you can boot after inserting both of the sticks, then you are good to go. Just make sure to go to system information and check if it shows the right amount of RAM installed. If it doesn't show it, then it is probably a defective RAM piece. If it does show it correctly, then good luck with your computer!

EDIT: Also try putting your old RAM in the slot the new RAM didn't work in and see if it works or not. If it doesn't then it is probably an issue with your motherboard. If it does work and your new RAM alone doesn't, then it is a problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capslotnext
Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Other combinations you decide to make, including exact match, same thing, identical have no guarantee to be compatible together.

After making such combinations, the extra stress placed on the memory controller can cause the memory to no longer be able to operate at rated specifications.

Jun 7, 2019
just to clarify Calvin7 I did use 1 old RAM and 1 new and they do work.
problem is when I put RAM in slot 2: constant beeping and restart PC.

and I don't know what is going on.
and I was thinking about maybe new motherboard but can't decide which one buy.

Jun 7, 2019
I've try all combinations you see and every time RAM Is in slot 2 it starts beeping when i turn it on
new RAM is working just fine the problem is when I put all 4 in then it doesn't work as it should be

Jun 7, 2019
You probably didn't seat the RAM sticks correctly in the motherboard. Try taking it out and reseating it. Hope this helps :D. Or try another slot if that "2nd" slot doesn't work.

If you can boot after inserting both of the sticks, then you are good to go. Just make sure to go to system information and check if it shows the right amount of RAM installed. If it doesn't show it, then it is probably a defective RAM piece. If it does show it correctly, then good luck with your computer!

EDIT: Also try putting your old RAM in the slot the new RAM didn't work in and see if it works or not. If it doesn't then it is probably an issue with your motherboard. If it does work and your new RAM alone doesn't, then it is a problem.

well new ram work just fine, I've try every possible combination there is seem I have to buy new motherboard

KKMasterYT

Prominent
Apr 4, 2019
Yes, then it is your motherboard probs.

Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Other combinations you decide to make, including exact match, same thing, identical have no guarantee to be compatible together.

After making such combinations, the extra stress placed on the memory controller can cause the memory to no longer be able to operate at rated specifications.
What he says is also totally true, that may be a problem probably too