After anniversary update, EVERYTHING went to hell HELP

yobdab

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Hi, long story short.

A couple of days ago I updated to the anniversary (Windows10) and now this happens.

1- Every 2 restarts, I have to uninstall and then re-install sound drivers because for some reason I lose sound. (Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtremegamer)

2- I used to be able to watch as many Twitch/Youtube streams on the highest quality on 3 of my monitors, and now it cant handle 1 on ANY quality because it makes it go on slow motion. Yeah, goes on slow motion for 3 seconds, then fast forwards to normal, then immediatly slo wmotion. Nonstop.

Specs.

AMD 1090t @ 3.8ghz
R9 - 380 (4GB)
8GB G-Skill Ram
256 Samsung Pro 850 SSD
2TB

This is getting very, very annoying.

I also have everything else up to date. Every driver (GPU, Soundcard, motherboard, everything)

How can I fix this?

Solution
No I mean a clean install after format. Nobody ever wants to do it but it's unfortunately necessary sometimes to avoid hours and sometimes days of troubleshooting. After the clean install verify what is and what is not working properly with Microsoft's default drivers, then as you update drivers verify they work until you find the culprit. I personally despise the way Microsoft is pushing these huge updates in 10 but problems aren't as bad for newer setups, the older systems have the biggest issues. After a clean install of anniversary edition the first thing you do is run update because there is 2 large patches for it already. Did you create an anniversary install usb drive...

svan71

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I recommend a clean install of 10 anniversary edition, then latest AMD drivers along with latest x-fi drivers. The Microsoft default driver was giving you your sound when you deleted the retail driver.

yobdab

Honorable
May 17, 2012

You mean, format and install everything again? I really dont want to do that.

And if you mean a clean install of just the update, how do I do that?

And thankyou.

svan71

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
No I mean a clean install after format. Nobody ever wants to do it but it's unfortunately necessary sometimes to avoid hours and sometimes days of troubleshooting. After the clean install verify what is and what is not working properly with Microsoft's default drivers, then as you update drivers verify they work until you find the culprit. I personally despise the way Microsoft is pushing these huge updates in 10 but problems aren't as bad for newer setups, the older systems have the biggest issues. After a clean install of anniversary edition the first thing you do is run update because there is 2 large patches for it already. Did you create an anniversary install usb drive?

http://download.microsoft.com/download/C/F/9/CF9862F9-3D22-4811-99E7-68CE3327DAE6/MediaCreationTool.exe

Solution