Question after applying a thermal paste to the cpu pc wont boot

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
hey everyone i hope you guys help me because i really need, so i got athermal paste online my cpu thermal is kinda old and my pc is overheating so i reapplied a new thermal paste i removed heatsink and everything ( i have my pc outside the case because my gpu doesnt fit on my case ) anyway after reapplying , turned on my pc , no post , i removed my ram a2 and kept the b2, works fine , when i put a2 and b2 it doesnt work , after this i removed a2 and put in it b1 it works fine its just dual doesnt work a2 doesnt work , b2 , b1 works fine, what is the cause guys? someone told me there is something on the cpu screws or something i dont know , anyway also vga led red is on the whole time when i turn it on , thanks in advance

spec: gtx 970
ram : 8x2 teamgroup and viper 3200mhz
psu" thermaltake 550w
mobo z170 pro gaming
cpu heatsink corsair

phaelax

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
Since your system is just laying out on a desk, hopefully you didn't short anything out or crack the motherboard when reattaching the cooler (i've seen that happen) If you removed the CPU, did you reseat it correctly? Any error beeps when you start the pc?

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
Since your system is just laying out on a desk, hopefully you didn't short anything out or crack the motherboard when reattaching the cooler (i've seen that happen) If you removed the CPU, did you reseat it correctly? Any error beeps when you start the pc?
i think yea i did before and i did twice just to make sure the thermal was good , but i reaseted the heatsnik twice , but no i didnt , maybe the screws are attached hardly to the cpu or something or should i try something? i dont think i broke something