After BDOS error, fans spin full speed but no display output

Haxminus

Commendable
Jul 19, 2016
Hi, I had built my own gaming PC a couple months ago and it had been running fine until I installed MSI afterburner and over clocked it and played watch dogs which didn't give me a good result as the screen was flashing during gameplay so I decided to restore to the normal settings (base clock,etc) and it worked fine. The next day when I was playing Csgo it crashed and gave me an error , but it rebooted and I uninstalled MSI afterburner, and played more Csgo , it was fine until it crashed with 'Windows ran into a problem' error, and whenever I try to boot it , all the cpu fans turn on and surprisingly the GPU fans too considering the only turn on when the GPU is under load. So they all turn on and move from slow to high speeds and the GPU fans stop and start spinning again but no display output.
What do I do??
Specs-
Cpu- fx6300
Gpu- MSI Gtx 960 2g
Psu- cotsair vs550
Windows 8.1 pro
Gigabyte motherboard
A 1Tb hard drive
8gb Ram. Please helppp.

Haxminus

Commendable
Jul 19, 2016

The motherboard does have onboard graphics but I tried unplugging the GPU the taking it out of the slot and connected the HDMI to the mobo bug no output .

Haxminus

Commendable
Jul 19, 2016

I removed the MoBo battery for 10 mins and also removed the graphics card and the system booted up. most of the errors that i got were related to amd and nvidia drivers not being compatible or windows errors with drivers, i dont think it is a problem with the gpu, but rather with MSI afterburner, so im downloading the latest geforce drivers and im gonna reinstall the gpu and HOPE that it works. ill get back to you. thnks

Haxminus

Commendable
Jul 19, 2016
Hey, thanks for your suggestions and help. I removed the GPU, reset CMOS, booted PC , uninstalled geforce drivers, reinstalled gpu , reinstalled drivers and done the PC is back up and running! And my suggestion is... Don't overflight you GPU, it will fuck it up. :)

TRENDING THREADS