[SOLVED] After BIOS update memory cannot be set to 3000Mhz

caart

Prominent
Jan 22, 2019
Hello,

After updating my BIOS on Z390 Gaming Plus (to version 7B51v1A ) my memory cannot be set to 3000Mhz profile which is normaly supported. Interesting thing is that memory previously (on previous BIOS versions) was working on this frequency. I've set values manualy - frequency to 3000 and voltage to 1.35 - and everything was working without any problem. Untill now. I was trying with XMP and manually; BCLK from 100 to 100.80 and cannot boot my PC. I must restore settings to default to enable.

I have checked also 2666Mhz profile and this one is working fine.

Below screen from MSI site:
eyZRTTw.png

My [shortened] PC spec:
CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K
MOBO: MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS (MS-7B51)
RAM:<2x8GB> HyperX Predator, DDR4, 16 GB,3000MHz, CL15 (HX430C15PB3K2/16)

Could you, please help how to 'fix' that? :) Thank you in advance for any advice!

Solution
So before the BIOS update, your memory was working at 3000Mhz. After the BIOS update, it no longer runs at that speed. Why did you update the BIOS and what is preventing your from rolling back to the previously working version?

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
So before the BIOS update, your memory was working at 3000Mhz. After the BIOS update, it no longer runs at that speed. Why did you update the BIOS and what is preventing your from rolling back to the previously working version?

-Wolf sends

Solution

caart

Prominent
Jan 22, 2019
Well... I do not know why I updated :D I am a person who like have everything up to date, that's why.
So, your suggestion is to download older version of BIOS and flash it?