Hello everyone,
before I speak about my issue here are my specs:

Win 10 Pro 64 Bit
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus
RX Vega 56 Sapphire Nitro+
AMD Ryzen 2600x
PSU Enermax Platinmax D.F. 600 Watt
Monitor MSI Optix MAG24C

Few days ago I successfully updated my BIOS with M-Flash to the latest version (7B79vA9 ) which supports the new Ryzen generation.
After that my system worked fine and stable without any problem until I decided to play some games.
Often my monitor loses signal but my PC is still running with sound. I am forced you restart my PC after that.
I already did the CMOS reset, tried different DP and HDMI cable , deinstalled my video and sound driver with DDU and reinstalled it.
Max temperature of my GPU is about 70° and CPU is about 65°. Did a PSU stress test aswell without any problem.

This issue never occurred before the update and only happens in games.
I am a bit clueless because M-Flash doesn't allow me to flash to an older version. What kind of alternative do I have? Waiting for a new BIOS Update? Windows reinstall?
MSI support recommended me to flash back to an older version with EFI but somehow I can't get that done for whatever reason.

I hope you guys can help me.
appreciate any help

Apr 3, 2019
I had this exact issue after that exact BIOS update.
You'd be surfing, starting a game, encoding a video and BAM!....loss of video signal.
As you have stated, the computer would stay powered and all I could do was hold the power button to shut it off...then do a restart.
I was using the 7B79vA92 beta BIOS just prior to updating to the 7B79vA9 without any issues at all.
I've since switched back to that BIOS and the resetting is gone now.