Question No monitor signal, no mouse or keyboard after BIOS update ?

RodTirano

Commendable
Dec 28, 2019
Mobo: ASUS Tuf B450M-Pro Gaming, With: 32 Hyperx Predator 3333Mhz/ Ryzen 7 - 2700 / Radeon 580X 8GDDR5.

In the last 3years, when I'm updating components I usually start by the BIOS if any update os available. Never had a problem, until now 😳 Update started and finished without any problems. Ask to reset, I did it, and then it Froze without BIOS, mouse or keyboard. CMOS without battery and with the screwdriver on pins, didn't work. The PC seems normal, LED's, fans, but no other sound or signal, no BIOS, just fans and led running Fast.

Any idea what could be?

Thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
Page 2-1, in your motherboard manual, towards the top end of that page, says you have the CrashFree BIOS 3 feature, page 7 section 1.4(in the latter URL I've provided). See if that helps you out.

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Got a link to the ram kit you're working with? Out of curiosity, what did you upgrade in your build compared to it's original state(outside of the BIOS)?

Reactions: RodTirano

RodTirano

Commendable
Dec 28, 2019
Thanks for the tip and the quick reply! It would be ideally if I could use a flashback BIOS recovery usb, my Mobo doesn't have a dedicated button or flash USB drive for the BIOS. I can't make a USB flashback BIOS without a Mobo that has a flash USB port or button to accept the USB flashdrive with the recovery BIOS?

Memory: Kingston Hyperx Predator 3333MHZ - HX433C16PB3K2/32 (2x16GB on the recommended slots).
PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo Edition 80+ Bronze 620W-ATX 12V.

Everything is 3y old, I have update BIOS at least two other Times, and was installing Ryzen Master before. I was trying to update BIOS, this time, before starting the Windows 10 to W11 process. This time the BIOS after a successfully install, just Froze for more than 10m without reestarting, just fans and LED's.

This has to be the Mobo right? It didn't reestart as usually, after an update, and has been Frozen ever since. Everything was fine before the BIOS update disaster. What would you do? Thanks.