I'll list some parts that might be a problem:
My 320gb drive is already in caution
500gb perfectly running fine
Radeon r7 240 sapphire
Fortress 700w psu
Jetway TA55M-L motherboard
I upgraded my cpu from A3-3300 to A8-3820
New mouse
Mismatched ram sticks both 4gb with one capable on higher speed but both ran on the same lowest speed

So today, I was watching anime when it suddenly BSoD on me, after trying to boot again it went bsod again. Then when it tried to start it first started with the blinking line, tying to find the os or something. After that It took so much time before the windows logo appeared. I noticed the activity light for the hard drives arent blinking So I forced stopped it.

I then tried to boot on Windows' installation media so I can try the usual fix the boot sector and sfc /scannow but it was the same, very slow and while typing this the cmd windows is taking so much time at every command

I then reformatted the usb and reinstalled windows 10 installation media again but still nothing. I feel like I'm missing something and it must be something from my motherboard because my usb worked fast on another computer.

I'll try to provide more info and someone asks but know I can't access any dump files

VenB

Prominent
Aug 27, 2021
i would replace hdd if you can as if its in caution, it could just stop completely.

miss matched ram can cause BSOD

its strange its slow booting off USB.

i haven't seen that brand before and finding drivers for it is a struggle.
https://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Jetway/TA55M-L.html
The only drivers I need from them is sound driver although I have it backed up at Mega.nz

Also I have successfully and painfully reinstalled windows again, such a pain but everything seems fine again. Should I change this to resolved?

VenB

Prominent
Aug 27, 2021
which drive is the boot drive?
I would replace the one in caution as it could just stop at any time and will slow boot down.

did you have both drives in when you installed?

Do you remember what codes the BSOD were?
My 320gb drive, the reason is that I don't have to redownload a bunch of things, applications, files and games. Especially this 130gb worth of songs for Osu!

Both were installed during that time and for the BSoD codes, 0xc000021a, Critical process died and I think another one without a code

Colif

Win 11 Master
i would get another hdd or an ssd, and clone the 320gb onto it so you don't lose all the music.
Better to do that now before drive stops completely

0xc000021a
was a boot error
critical process died is an error that only happens to windows files, it can be a number of files that if they crash, so does windows.

if the 320 is your boot drive, I would upgrade it for sure now.

VenB

Prominent
Aug 27, 2021
i would get another hdd or an ssd, and clone the 320gb onto it so you don't lose all the music.
Better to do that now before drive stops completely

was a boot error
critical process died is an error that only happens to windows files, it can be a number of files that if they crash, so does windows.

if the 320 is your boot drive, I would upgrade it for sure now.
I would but I can't I'll just have to endure it until I can get the money for it.

TRENDING THREADS