Question After changing PSU performance dropped drastically

vinchurkarsanket608

Commendable
Dec 1, 2018
After knowing about bottleneck i changed my PSU from old zebronics to corsair VS 400 watt psu but guess what it now drastically lowered my performance like i was getting FPS of 57 and 23 fluctuating rapidly on GTA V that too on 1280x1024 whereas before it was 60 constant
And also its unplayable like freezing for 1 sec every move i play.
Plz help me i have spended much money and not getting the performance i needed

Recent driver update have now caped fps at 30
On 1920x1080 on gta V
Previously i was getting 60 around

Last edited:
Changing the PSU should not lower the performance, since your previous ZEBRONICS PSU was far more worse than your current VS Model. Thankfully you have replaced it. The problem might be somewhere else, IMO.

I suspect either a GPU driver, or an OS issue. Try doing a CLEAN re-install of the Video card drivers. Use the DDU tool. Also, are you using a fresh installed copy of your OS ?

Are you using Windows 10 OS ? What's the GPU and CPU temp value while Gaming ? https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Also, as requested above, kindly provide FULL PC specs.

Last edited:

vinchurkarsanket608

Commendable
Dec 1, 2018
Changing the PSU should not lower the performance, since your previous ZEBRONICS PSU was far more worse than your current VS Model. Thankfully you have replaced it. The problem might be somewhere else, IMO.

I suspect either a GPU driver, or an OS issue. Try doing a CLEAN re-install of the Video card drivers. Use the DDU tool. Also, are you using a fresh installed copy of your OS ?

Are you using Windows 10 OS ? What's the GPU and CPU temp value while Gaming ? https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Also, as requested above, kindly provide FULL PC specs.
Ya i have been hearing the same solution since last 3 months and yes i tried it DDU and all stuff but nothing worked for me😣
And yess i m using windows 10 enterprise
And cpu temp is like 47 c
And gpu 62c

Okay, you told your frame rate has just reduced to half ? What about all other PC games ? Do they run with 60+ fps ? What are the specs of your MONITOR, screen res and refresh rate ?

Check the VSYNC settings in GTA 5's graphics menu, and also the Nvidia control Panel's settings. Make sure Vsync is Off, including the Adaptive (half refresh rate) value, as shown below via NVCP. Have you tried re-installing GTA 5 ?

FastSync.png

vinchurkarsanket608

Commendable
Dec 1, 2018
Okay, you told your frame rate has just reduced to half ? What about all other PC games ? Do they run with 60+ fps ? What are the specs of your MONITOR, screen res and refresh rate ?

Check the VSYNC settings in GTA 5's graphics menu, and also the Nvidia control Panel's settings. Make sure Vsync is Off, including the Adaptive (half refresh rate) value, as shown below via NVCP. Have you tried re-installing GTA 5 ?

FastSync.png
Ahh actually have a crappy monitor
1280x1024 VGA once😂
Yes v-sync is off
And yes i tried on other games
Like csgo on 1920x1080 high setting
It was just giving 60 fps
And on 1280x1024 high fps gave 80 fps average.
Previously it touched 200 fps

vinchurkarsanket608

Commendable
Dec 1, 2018
Are games still capped on 30 FPS ?
Are games still capped on 30 FPS ?
I tried many drivers at last i updated to latest one and now i m getting 59 fps but with much stuttering like every 10 sec i play it just getting hanged.
Also like to mention i m facing this new problem
"Your PC ran into some problem and need to restart"
Since two days is it something related to it?