[SOLVED] After computer goes to sleep, refuses to respond.

iridium117

Reputable
Feb 22, 2015
So basically my computer has been having this issue where I'll let it go to sleep, but it won't respond to waking up afterwards.

Here's what happens: I'll walk away and go to bed or work etc. I'll come back and it appears the computer is still running (i.e. running fans, HDD light occasionally flicker, and so on) and I'll go to hit a key or move my mouse. Under normal circumstances, it responds and the TV comes to life with my desktop. However, lately my TV will show "PC signal received" and that's it, the TVs screen saver status on, no desktop. No response from the computer. I've even hit the power button to tell Windows to shut down, still nothing. The only way I can get it to work is to force shutdown (hold power button) or hit the restart switch on my case. When it powers back up, it's just fine. No error reports, no Windows backup, restore, or repair, just runs like nothing happened.

I have double checked that my keyboard and mouse are allowed to wake the computer, I have disabled hibernation just in case (I have an HDD, but it's for storage. OS is on a SSD) and I have double checked all my drivers. I am at a loss.

System:
Window 10 Pro
256GB SSD + 4TB HDD
ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming Motherboard
AMD RYZEN 5 2600X 3.5GHz 6-core
AMD Radeon RX 570
16GB of DDR4 @ 2666

Please help. If the solution comes out to "I guess you can't let your computer go to sleep anymore," then so be it, but here's hoping you guys can help.

EDIT: So I noticed in my post I mentioned that when I let it go to sleep, it still appears to be running. That might be a key detail there. The times when I can wake the computer just fine is when computer actually does appear to be asleep.

Solution
what BIOS version are you running, have you updated it? "improve system performance/stability" could be blanket speak that covers this problem.

what PSU do you have?