[SOLVED] after cpu & motherboard upgrade i have no display

Feb 21, 2020
Today I went ahead and replaced my ryzen 5 2600 cpu, a320 motherboard with a i7 8700k cpu and MSI MPG Z390 gaming edge AC motherboard.
after the replacement I booted my pc and all lights turned on, every fan was spinning but my monitor hasn't displayed anything at all and only my keyboard lights didn't turn on.

I have tried re seating the ram sticks in every slot with just 1 stick doing this using both of the sticks.
I have put the display port from the gpu into the motherboard. still nothing.
i have cleared the cmos.

I have two possible ways that this can be fixed though.

I checked the ram compatibility for my motherboard on the MSI site and my model isn't listed. my models are: CMK4GX4M1A2400C14
CMK8GX4M2A2400C16
however, it supports corsair ram and the same speed as mine (2400). The closest model I could find to mine was CMK8GX4M2D2400C14
could this really be the issue why my display won't give an output or does it not actually matter and i should not be concerned about this?

the last way this could be fixed is on the motherboard i have cpu pwr 1 (8 pin) and cpu pwr 2 (4 pin). I only have the 8 pin cable and not the 4 pin one so I have to leave cpu pwr 2 empty. Do I need to have them both plugged in and then this will be the fix?

Solution
if it sits on cpu led, then u have cpu issue
try to reseat cpu and check for bent pins, if there is no visible damage on both cpu/maiboard pins and reseating doesnt help, CPU could be faulty
Feb 21, 2020
4pin eps is optinal (for overclocking purposes)
your board has EZ debug leds (near 24pin power connector)
start with with only 1 RAM stick in A2 slot
see on which led it will get stuck
out of boot, vga, dram and cpu its led is on cpu.
to be honest i didn't buy the cpu completely brand new, i bought it off amazon for 'like new' and it was like £40 cheaper lol. is it telling me the cpu is dead?

Feb 21, 2020
if it sits on cpu led, then u have cpu issue
try to reseat cpu and check for bent pins, if there is no visible damage on both cpu/maiboard pins and reseating doesnt help, CPU could be faulty
just above the ram slot where i have the ram seated there is a led on. it doesn't say anything but does this mean something?