After Crysis: Crytek Working on New FPS Franchise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
How big a rig do I need to run it, do I have to choose between a rig or a car, & will I be able to play games in the sauna in the winter?

bennaye

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
I wouldn't be too surprised if the next game from Crytek turns out to be more useful as a pseudo-benchmark/standard rather than a game in which all future systems are judged against. Which is good, as pushing the boundaries helps innovation. But on the other hand, I'm sick to death of still hearing "But does it play crysis?" all over the interwebs, so here's to hoping for an actually decent storyline.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
My sources tell me they are trying to secure licensing rights to a certain big name you already know. I guess I will just come out and ruin the surprise so spoil alert. It's My Little Pony. They are making the game which currently has the plan to be named My Little Pony's Maximum Carnage. As you see young girls are the least likely to play a FPS and are a completely untapped consumer in the market. This will help introduce
young girls to the genre.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
as long as they get somebody good to write the next game, Im interested. [citation][nom]makaveli316[/nom]I hope they quit. Crysis 2 was a FAIL and the patch for DX11, months after the release of the game, was an EPIC FAIL.[/citation]
It was actually a fun game, and it had great graphics compared to most others. Now with the DX11 patch it actually looks better than even the original crysis. And it was not a fail at all considering its 3 million units sold so far.

They need to hook up with retired military and get some help with the AI. In Crysis 2, the enemy troops walk in single file, clustered, and all the enemies are just plain dumb as hell. If they give you a rifle with a scope, then the weapon fire should alert the enemy, especially if you just shot him...lol... unfortunately, if you are too far away, you can take shot after shot while the enemy AI just stands there and takes it. If you include long range weapons like a sniper rifle, then by all means program the damned AI to react to it... otherwise, leave them out... but you know you can't do that.

vistaofdoom

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]My sources tell me they are trying to secure licensing rights to a certain big name you already know. I guess I will just come out and ruin the surprise so spoil alert. It's My Little Pony. They are making the game which currently has the plan to be named My Little Pony's Maximum Carnage. As you see young girls are the least likely to play a FPS and are a completely untapped consumer in the market. This will help introduceyoung girls to the genre.[/citation]
Yeah tap young girls... that's golden right there...

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]My sources tell me they are trying to secure licensing rights to a certain big name you already know. I guess I will just come out and ruin the surprise so spoil alert. It's My Little Pony. They are making the game which currently has the plan to be named My Little Pony's Maximum Carnage. As you see young girls are the least likely to play a FPS and are a completely untapped consumer in the market. This will help introduceyoung girls to the genre.[/citation]

Barbie can actually give you an adrenaline kick, you just need to find the right surroundings. Like when people kick in your door & try to kill you, just keep playing! You'll notice that your pulse is off the chart while you play Barbie under these conditions...

Thor

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2004
ya they work (companies games) all on console and translate to PC.
So games suck a lot on PC.

It's ridiculous to play with just 16 player in 2011, when it's possible to play minimum with 64 players and probably with 128 players on good machine (2011 machine).

Console console console.
Just that.

I HATE console. Just good for my kids.

I hope a day some new companies games will think to guy who have good PC and make game for them and not for (#&$ console !

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
[citation][nom]AbdullahG[/nom]I hope they will think about us PC gamers before releasing the game...[/citation]
They won't, we will be an afterthought.

GNCD

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
[citation][nom]n3ard3ath[/nom]They should make story-based adventure games were you play the roll of a slut that have to choose from 20 different guys to marry, but got to fuck with each and every one of them before deciding. Or play the roll of a materialistic bitch among 20 who fight for the "love" of a guy by doing nasty things to him and saying bullshit.That would turn all the little girls into perfect brainless sluts. Oh wait, we already got that with reality shows...nevermind...[/citation]

They already have flash games like that.

G

Always notice how PC is the last platform to be mentioned? Sigh...

deuketc

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
i like crysis games until they bring in aliens. starts to feel less real, like im playing a space invaders game

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]as long as they get somebody good to write the next game, Im interested. It was actually a fun game, and it had great graphics compared to most others. Now with the DX11 patch it actually looks better than even the original crysis. And it was not a fail at all considering its 3 million units sold so far.[/citation]
By your logic COD MW1/2/blackops was a GREAT game because it sold so many units.... Reality is that it sucked compared to even budget titles.

johnh2005

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
Well, as long as it does not suck as bad as Crysis 2, look like it was made BEFORE the original Crysis, and does not make me feel like a rat in a maze with one and ONLY ONE way to go, it might be worth pirating.

Status
Not open for further replies.