News After Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.2, CDPR Looks to Learn from Mistakes

evdjj3j

Honorable
Aug 4, 2017
Trying to support old consoles is what hurt this game so much, it ran fine on PC from day one. I hope trying to support those old consoles doesn't ruin any other games.

Trying to support old consoles is what hurt this game so much, it ran fine on PC from day one. I hope trying to support those old consoles doesn't ruin any other games.
"fine" is questionable (as were bugs and glitches) but I do agree they should of focused on just pc and new gen consoles...and then port it back if they want.

GenericUser

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
I don't think they're going to "learn from their mistakes" when one of the biggest ones they made was releasing an unfinished game that hadn't been thoroughly tested yet at the insistence of management and shareholders. Getting something out the door now so you can start making money sooner is the standard practice in the triple A industry and is not going to change.

blacknemesist

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2012
I don't think they're going to "learn from their mistakes" when one of the biggest ones they made was releasing an unfinished game that hadn't been thoroughly tested yet at the insistence of management and shareholders. Getting something out the door now so you can start making money sooner is the standard practice in the triple A industry and is not going to change.
Because they set a release date they couldn't meet and kept delaying until the internet in all its wisdom decided that death threats are the way to make people work so they couldn't postpone anymore. But tell me : where was Sony's QC team? What about Microsoft's? You want to tell me they didn't see anything when they make you go through hell to drop a patch that fixes crashes because you are dropping in their network? Highly doubt all parties involved were unaware of what was happening but there was alot of money involved.

By not dropping anything before close to game launch they remove the preassure from a fixed delivery date and hopefully this never happens again but the easiest way still is letting game e-maganizes review the game first since they were reporting game problems hours after release.
Still they game you full refund and let you keep the game, what did you actually lose? The hype. That's it. Even CE was let go for free,

I'd say the best thing they should do is organize their teams so they have a pipeline with the red engine prepped for consoles which clearly they don't, even Witcher 3 is extremely demanding for the the consoles because they are probably mostly using the same game engine for PC.

D

Deleted member 14196

So it’s going to create a new good game engine right?

To me this game felt more like a now last gen game that someone higher up decided to bolt on then next gen features, but still keep a last gen build because I dunno, sunk cost fallacy or something. I think they should've focused on it being a late era PS4/XB1 game with a "Definitive Edition" or whatever they call the next gen upgrade releases.

But eh, hindsight is 20/20.