After deleting some unnecessary programs and restarting my computer, my computer is no longer able to connect to the internet

I am new to this

Reputable
May 25, 2014
I deleted some unnecessary programs from my new computer, believing that they would just slow my computer down, but now I can't get on the internet at all. When I troubleshoot, my computer says to plug in an ethernet cable, but the computer should be able to connect to my router...

Ernestine

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015

Hi! Try 1) Go to the "recycle bin" on desktop and click on the "restore" tab to send deleted files to original place. If this works you can try to delete each one separately but first Google each to see what it does.
2) try removing any discs, CD or DVDs if any. Restart computer and repeatedly press and release the F8 key before a screen appears. A screen will appear and one option says "Last Known Good Configuration" (most recent setting that worked).
3) If it's been a while it might not work. Try "system restore". To shut down PC restart (use windows key by the space bar) or hold Ctrl+Alt+Del all at the same time. Save open files, close open programs. backup essential files. go to start button (taskbar on left) type "system restore" in search box or >all programs>Accessories>system tools>system restore. This gives you dates you can choose before the problem and you can restore your computer to an earlier time
4) control panel>device manager>>network adapter--right click>troubleshoot>check drivers etc.

Ernestine

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
Hi! Try 1) Go to the "recycle bin" on desktop and click on the "restore" tab to send deleted files to original place. If this works you can try to delete each one separately but first Google each to see what it does.
2) try removing any discs, CD or DVDs if any. Restart or shut down computer; then restart and repeatedly press and release the F8 key repeatedly before a screen appears. A screen will appear and one option says "Last Known Good Configuration" (most recent setting that worked).
3) If it's been a while it might not work. Try "system restore". To shut down PC restart (use windows key by the space bar) or hold Ctrl+Alt+Del all at the same time. Save open files, close open programs. backup essential files. go to start button (taskbar on left) type "system restore" in search box or >all programs>Accessories>system tools>system restore. This gives you dates you can choose before the problem occurred and you can restore your computer to an earlier time
4) Try Device Manager ; it manages the devices that do the work >control panel>device manager>>network adapter--right click>troubleshoot>check drivers , see if device is working properly, etc.