Question After driver update can only use one display at a time but not both

puppster

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
I recently updated my graphics driver and restarted my computer. When it came back on my main display went to sleep and my 2nd display was on but completely black. I tried turning off and on my main display and nothing happened so I tried just turning it off to see if I could get a picture on my 2nd display but still nothing. I had to disconnect my main display to finally get a picture on my 2nd display. So I immediately uninstalled the new driver and reinstalled the old driver but the exact same issue is still happening. I found that I get an image on my main display if I just turn off my 2nd display, but to get an image on my 2nd display the main one has be completely disconnected. If both monitors are connected and powered on I have a sleeping main display and an active 2nd display but I can't get anything to show on it because it all tries to display on the sleeping main display. I don't know what else to try as I can't have both monitors active at the same time and see the display options for both. Appreciate any help, thanks.