After factory reset my computer became really laggy

Rajveer_4

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016
So recently i factory reset my computer i removed everything on my ssd not my harddrive. Now all my games are really laggy and get around 9 fps and my ping is really high. Im not sure why its like this because prior to the reboot everything was working perfectly i got 100+ fps on games and 20 ping consistently. It shows my gtx1060 is working but im not sure if its being used.

Specs
Motherboard:msib150m bazooka
8gb ram
Dual gtx 1060 6gb
I5 6500
1tb hdd
120 ssd

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Factory reset returns the OS to windows installation as of the time of install. It wipes out e everything else. So in the drivers folder are only windows drivers, no motherboard chipset drivers, no nvidia drivers, no game launch stuff like saved game folders etc etc.

It's like having a mega sound system in your car, putting the factory head unit back in with all its factory speaker connections, then wondering why your subs don't work.

You'll have to reinstall all the games, all the software, all the apps, anything added extra. There's no links or mention of links or software to hardware or addressing in the Registry, since you just killed that with a factory reset, you'll also need to return that to a viable use too.

Rajveer_4

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016

I did but it seems like i cant keep my games up for long beacuse after awhile the fps drops drastically and i have to restart again it makes no sence beacuse before i used to play as long as i wanted to with no problem