[SOLVED] After Faulty Powersupply Mobo EZ DEbug LED on CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2020
Alright, so yesterday I decided to go get myself a new GPU after having a 1060 for 3 years. I went to go put the graphics card in then all of a sudden I smelt burning and immediately unplugged it. I figured out that the PSU was dead so I grabbed a old PSU 600 Watt from a old pc that I had and it seemed perfectly fine everything turned on and no smelling. But there was no post. I looked at my motherboard and there was a light which was from the "EZ debug led" which was over CPU.
Specs:
5500XT (new gpu) 1060 (old)
B360m Bazooka Motherboard
i5 8400
16 gigs ram
I have tried
Resetting the CMOS
Putting Back in the 1060
Putting no GPU in
Re seating the Ram
Unplugging and Repluging all Cpu and Motherboard PSU Cables
Also During the GPU installation nothing was touched near the CPU or its cooler
Is it possible that the current PSU that I have can't power my CPU or do I need a new MOBO or CPU?
Any help would be great thanks!
image0.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
So currently after putting the new PSU in and everything nothing at all smells and nothing looks burnt. The PC was a pre-built that I have been updating. When I took out the PSU I looked at it and it was from a Chinese company that all text was in Chinese so I wasn't surprised if I'll be honest
Electronic components rarely fail in a manner that leave visible traces, with the exception of electrolytic capacitors. Assuming absolutely nothing else, besides the power supply has changed, then you're looking at a likely motherboard replacement.
Mar 16, 2020
Also Just curiously I unplugged both of my ram sticks and still the Ez Debug led is still on the same light
Also Re seated the CPU

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2020
So currently after putting the new PSU in and everything nothing at all smells and nothing looks burnt. The PC was a pre-built that I have been updating. When I took out the PSU I looked at it and it was from a Chinese company that all text was in Chinese so I wasn't surprised if I'll be honest

Electronic components rarely fail in a manner that leave visible traces, with the exception of electrolytic capacitors. Assuming absolutely nothing else, besides the power supply has changed, then you're looking at a likely motherboard replacement.

Solution
Mar 16, 2020
Do you think it would be worth it to have someone (a actual professional) look at it at least? Also do you think my CPU is dead because still it seems like a normal start up just minus the actual boot.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2020
Last edited:
Mar 16, 2020
Also I just want to make sure I'm clear that even though the cpu fan works the pc boots but doesn't post, all fans are on, and by all means looks to be competley normal while booting, but I do need a new motherboard correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS