Question After faulty Windows update, dead Windows 10 and with no access BIOS, monitor wont find connection to PC

Nicky42

Reputable
Jun 27, 2016
Hello. Few days ago I unfortunately had to shut down my PC while it had an windows update, and bad things happened. Next morning my PC would boot - all fans working, all lights on etc, but my monitor could not find any connection to PC (I use HDMI from my GPU to monitor). Monitor and cable works, because I tested them both on my dads laptop. Now I naturally suspected that its windows fault, and brought my PC to my friends dad who fixes and checks computers. His verdict was that everything was fine with hardware, but I have a dead windows 10 and BIOS settings were messed up. He had connection when he tested all the parts. He said that he fixed BIOS up, all I had to do was reinstall Windows 10 from a USB drive. However, I am stuck in the same place - I cant open BIOS with DELETE button simply because there is no BIOS screen - because there still isn't a connection to monitor. Tried to switch output from GPU to motherboard, same results.

Theoretically, shouldn't BIOS screen appear even if there is no windows 10? So it can't really be OS fault?

Motherboard: GA Z170 D3H
GPU: RX 480
CPU: I5-6500

I have zero ideas how to fix this and I am desperate, any help?

Lutfij

Titan
You may want to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Then since you've got an iGPU on that processor, remove the discrete GPU and try working with only the iGPU. Also, did you create your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? Which version of the OS were you on?

Nicky42

Reputable
Jun 27, 2016
You may want to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Then since you've got an iGPU on that processor, remove the discrete GPU and try working with only the iGPU. Also, did you create your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? Which version of the OS were you on?
Well, I don't really know how listing the rest of specs might help, especially when technician tested all my hardware one by one and found no fault. Here it is anyways:

CPU: I5-6500
Motherboard: GA-Z170-D3H
Ram: 2x4 GB
SSD/HDD: 1TB Western Digital
GPU: RX 480
PSU: CH 550 M

Its late so ill try iGPU tomorrow, but I doubt it will change anything. Yes, I created a bootable installer from ISO windows file from WMCT.