after formatting windows 10 to windows 7 files still intact

CMJT

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017
After formatting from windows 10 back to windows 7, all my files are still showing
How do I reformat and get a clean copy of windows 7 and get rid of all the files that were on windows 10. I have them all saved.

Solution
Get an ISO of Windows 7 or a Windows 7 Disk from your computer manufacturer. Make sure if you download an ISO, that you download the version that matches your Windows 7 License key. Then reinstall a fresh copy of Windows 7, Install the correct drivers, these can be found on the manufacturers website and listed by the model number of your unit. You will then have a clean install without your old files, you will lose ALL data.
Get an ISO of Windows 7 or a Windows 7 Disk from your computer manufacturer. Make sure if you download an ISO, that you download the version that matches your Windows 7 License key. Then reinstall a fresh copy of Windows 7, Install the correct drivers, these can be found on the manufacturers website and listed by the model number of your unit. You will then have a clean install without your old files, you will lose ALL data.

Solution

You did not actually format the system, since the drive was already formatted you just installed Windows 7 alongside 10. Boot off the Windows 7 media, then select advanced disk options, delete the partition you see there, create a new one, start the installation of Windows 7 then.