Question After gaming for a couple hours my computer will shut off

Mar 8, 2019
Recently i got a new gpu :XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 1386MHz OC+, 8GB GDDR5. so i put the settings up on some of games i play apex legends and path of exile and after gaming for over 2 hrs at least my computer will shut off completely. my cpu is a amd fx 8350 eight core. i want to determine if the problem is from overheating and which component is causing overheating and if getting a water cooler would fix the problem. i havent overclocked anything. i have 4 fans on the case the gpu fan is the stock one but the cpu one is a: "be quiet! BK009 Pure Rock - CPU Cooler"is that fan not strong enough? sorry for the long post first time i have done this.

I am in a cold room right now because its winter. idle the gpu temp is 41C and the cpu is 18C. i would like to find out whats causing my computer shutting off safely and fix it. every time it shuts off im scared to see a blue screen the next time it turns on.

Mar 8, 2019
my bad if i sound dumb but how do you check your temps when the computer shuts off if u dont know when its going to shut off. and what do you mean by check your memory?

Mar 8, 2019
if it happens after gaming for a couple hours wouldnt temp most likely be the reason? like if it was something else it would happen sooner i would think.

Mar 8, 2019
my computer just crashed again anyway to find out it crashed because of overheating like a report on the computer shutting down cpu to hot?

XxDarkMario20xX

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016
I would check the cpu that might be the reason why your computer is shutting down because the desktop is protecting from overheating and also the temp on gpu seems fine maybe use afterburner to speed the fans up little bit

Mar 8, 2019
Critical 3/11/2019 6:27:49 PM Kernel-Power 41 (63)

this is what my event viewer said for the crash does it mean its not the overheating?

like i dont understand how it can be a power supply problem? this crash today was after the computer was on for over 9 hours gaming for 4 hours straight a little break and another 5 hours

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS