[SOLVED] After GPU repairing how to know if the chipset is replaced by repairer or not?

Oct 4, 2021
i have a gigabyte rtx 3060ti gaming oc pro on servicing,it experienced no display issue because of physical damage after oxidation problem(probably because of humidity).after 2 days of investigation the gpu repairer said that he is not getting any signal from gpu,his best guess is the chipset is done and dusted. i have a doubt that the repairer might have changed my gpu chipset with a bad rtx 3060ti chipset so that he can give me my gpu back with damaged chipset and use my gpu's good chipset with his old rtx 3060ti where that gpu's chipset was damaged,,that way he can get a new rtx 3060 ti for free and i can be deceived by possibly damaged chipset exchange with good chipset.gpu servicing takes time,,at least few days,,within those servicing days we can't know if the repairer changing any components with damaged ones from his shop or not.what should we do in this situation?thanks in advance

Solution
i have a gigabyte rtx 3060ti gaming oc pro on servicing,it experienced no display issue because of physical damage after oxidation problem(probably because of humidity).after 2 days of investigation the gpu repairer said that he is not getting any signal from gpu,his best guess is the chipset is done and dusted. i have a doubt that the repairer might have changed my gpu chipset with a bad rtx 3060ti chipset so that he can give me my gpu back with damaged chipset and use my gpu's good chipset with his old rtx 3060ti where that gpu's chipset was damaged,,that way he can get a new rtx 3060 ti for free and i can be deceived by possibly damaged chipset exchange with good chipset.gpu servicing takes time,,at least few days,,within those...

larkspur

Distinguished
i have a gigabyte rtx 3060ti gaming oc pro on servicing,it experienced no display issue because of physical damage after oxidation problem(probably because of humidity).after 2 days of investigation the gpu repairer said that he is not getting any signal from gpu,his best guess is the chipset is done and dusted. i have a doubt that the repairer might have changed my gpu chipset with a bad rtx 3060ti chipset so that he can give me my gpu back with damaged chipset and use my gpu's good chipset with his old rtx 3060ti where that gpu's chipset was damaged,,that way he can get a new rtx 3060 ti for free and i can be deceived by possibly damaged chipset exchange with good chipset.gpu servicing takes time,,at least few days,,within those servicing days we can't know if the repairer changing any components with damaged ones from his shop or not.what should we do in this situation?thanks in advance
No repairer changes the individual GPU on the card. It simply isn't done. It sounds like he tested your graphics card and found it to be bad. Your card should have a warranty - use it.

Reactions: helper800

Your video card was already not working, what exactly makes you think that it was good and the shop decided to cheat you? If your video card was actually working, it would be working and you would not have needed to have it looked at, especially since you noticed physical damage on it. All you need to do is look at the card and see if the same damage is there.

Solution
Oct 4, 2021
Your video card was already not working, what exactly makes you think that it was good and the shop decided to cheat you? If your video card was actually working, it would be working and you would not have needed to have it looked at, especially since you noticed physical damage on it. All you need to do is look at the card and see if the same damage is there.
my video card was not working and it doesn't necessarily mean that chip is gone,it could be something else,,price of chip is near the price of the gpu,so i thought it's possible for a repairer to exchange this part of gpu so that he can use it later for his own gpu which need a good chipset for it's second life

my video card was not working and it doesn't necessarily mean that chip is gone,it could be something else,,price of chip is near the price of the gpu,so i thought it's possible for a repairer to exchange this part of gpu so that he can use it later for his own gpu which need a good chipset for it's second life

Well there is absolutely no way to know if they did anything like that unless you noted the serial number on the parts and they don't match. It was not working before, it's not working now, if there is a different reason it's not working now, absolutely no way to tell. There is a chance that anything may have been done, but it's not very likely. How do you know your furniture is not stolen every night and replaced with an exact duplicate? I don't think it's an issue you really need to worry about happening.