[SOLVED] After I install a game it works fine, but after some time, if I restart the computer, the game doesn't work anymore!

Nov 29, 2018
This does not apply to all games. Games like Baulder's Gate 1 and 2, Borderlands 1 and 2, Undertale, Bioshock 1 don't work. However games like Total War: Rome 2, Dark Souls 3, Skyrim, Bioshock 2 etc works absolutely fine. The problem isn't that the game doesn't work, it's that it works fine after I install it, but doesn't after some time, maybe after a restart. What can I do to fix this?

Solution
It sounds like the game files have been corrupted. This could be the result of malware, improper shutdowns, or a failing harddrive (SSD?).

I would start with a physical scan of the drive (chkdsk) and see if it finds issues. If it does, you will need to determine what is causing those issues. Many harddrive manufactures offer free hardware that will check your drives. Some is better than others.
It sounds like the game files have been corrupted. This could be the result of malware, improper shutdowns, or a failing harddrive (SSD?).

I would start with a physical scan of the drive (chkdsk) and see if it finds issues. If it does, you will need to determine what is causing those issues. Many harddrive manufactures offer free hardware that will check your drives. Some is better than others.

Solution

winks42

Respectable
You can check the drives in disk management by right clicking the windows icon and selecting it. It will tell you if you drive is bad or good. You can also have a virus or malware like applications on your pc corrupting files. If the games are on steam you can try to contact them because they will help