Question After i restarted my computer because it froze, it wont boot up

May 30, 2020
I was casually browsing some youtube while i had a game running in the background (war thunder) and my PC suddenly froze. I was kind of used to that and didnt think much of it, by this time instead of it freezing on the current tab displayed, it froze by just turning totally grey. It all happened in a second so i didnt think much about it and restarted my computer via the reset button on my housing. Because its not using SSDs but rather HDDs i left it to boot up, but when i came back and turned the monitor back on it was just black (or maybe grey, im not sure if its just the "default" color or something else). I didnt hear anything wierd or something unusual despite that so i restarted my computer again. This time i left the monitor (Samsung SyncMaster SA350) and when the computer started to run the monitor didnt give any output and stayed in the sleep state. The computer made the single beep sound which was usual for it when its booting but even after that the monitor didnt do anything. Another unusual thing was that it did it again, it beeped again after maybe a minute or two, which has never happened before. After about 5 minutes from starting the PC the monitor detects something and "wakes up" but its not showing anything, just stayed black. After that i opened the computer up to check if everything looks fine, and to my untrained eye everything was fine, i checked the GPU, it was in place, CPU looked okay but i didnt see much of it, i pressed on the RAM memory, it was in there tight and i closed the PC back. I re plugged it in and started again but the same thing was happening, I tried to switch the HDMI port from the GPU one to the motherboard one. Same outcome. I switched the cables, again, same deal. I checked if the monitor is working properly by plugging it in to my laptop, also with an HDMI and everything was fine. I tried to boot the computer to BIOS by pressing delete from the moment i pressed the power button and it didnt work as much as i know, the monitor stayed in sleep. I am not sure what else to do other than taking out the GPU to check if its deal but this all smells like a dead CPU to me. I am also not sure if maybe i should leave it in the black screen for the whole day to see if anything happens, i might try that. My hardware: Intel i7 2600k, AMD HD6850 (1 GB), 16 gigs of RAM (4 sticks of 4 gigs), 2.5 TB of storage (all HDD), Gigabyte motherboard (not sure which one). Any kind of help is appreciated.

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
So nothing at all works?
It won't even start to start up?

And it worked just fine before?
Have you made any recent changes?

i7 2600k,
AMD HD6850 (1 GB),
16 gigs of RAM (4 sticks of 4 gigs),
2.5 TB of storage (all HDD),
Gigabyte motherboard

PSU? Motherboard make and model?

Reactions: frotoproxy
May 30, 2020
So nothing at all works?
It won't even start to start up?

And it worked just fine before?
Have you made any recent changes?

i7 2600k,
AMD HD6850 (1 GB),
16 gigs of RAM (4 sticks of 4 gigs),
2.5 TB of storage (all HDD),
Gigabyte motherboard

PSU? Motherboard make and model?
Motherboard is GA-Z77M-D3H, PSU is Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W

Yep, it doesnt want to boot up and doesnt give any output but im pretty sure that all the fans inside are spinning and the lights on the front work fine, yellow one for power, blue showing thats its on and an orange-ish one thats blinking randomly seems like but i think it was like that before.

Before this it was doing just fine, the most recent change was the CPU fan because the last one had a broken plastic screw, both are Intel. it did happen before that it freezes but nothing other than that, just maybe some noise that was caused by the old fan but now thats fixed.