After I turn my computer on, it reboots

baconfriedbacon

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
I've heard of boot loops, but this is a different issue due to the fact that the computer consistently boots successfully after the first auto-shutdown, and that it doesn't happen when I reset from inside Windows 8.

This only happens when my CPU is overclocked, but the OC is completely stable once windows is booted (prime 95, gaming, etc).

MOBO 990fxa-ud3
CPU amd6300
PSU Corsair CX 600W

risso

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011
Did you OC your ram too? I ask because I had a similar problem with my crosshair iv formula, phenomII x6 combo. I oc'd to 4ghz, but also tweaked the ram (vengeance 2x4gb) so that I could get it to it's 1866mhz profile speed rating. It only read 1333mhz at first. Everything was fine until I ran prime95 with terrible results. Shortly thereafter, my pc would just reboot itself. I went back in to the bios to investigate and noticed that the spd latency still remained at 9-9-9-24 instead of the 9-10-9-24 required to run at 1866mhz (actually 1886 with my settings) as per corsair's specs. Immediately after making this small adjustment, my rig has yet to skip a beat. Been around 6 months now. I experience no reboots, and prime95 runs for hours and hours with no hiccups (blend test).

I have no idea if this is related to your problem in any way, but it's the only thing that i could think of. Your topic caught my eye on the forums because I could relate to the frustration. Good luck man.

risso

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011
The only other thing that I can think of is going in to recheck all of your voltage settings in the bios. Then, maybe check inside your case to see if there are any metal surfaces (connectors, mobo parts, etc.) that shouldn't be touching.