After IDE Bus Drivers for Biostar Tforce TA790GX A2+

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
As thread says - cant find them anywhere.

I need this driver as, whenever i try to install Vista on my new system (Clean Install) i get just past the start of the install GUI and then an error message tells me that a required CD/DVD Drive Device Driver needs to be installed before continuing.

I have tried:

Updating IDE Optical Drive's Firemware SM-Sony DVD RW DW-Q12 to latest version PY2

Using the TA790GX's Drivers and utilities CD - will not read it

Sticking a whole bunch of files onto a flash drive copied from the CD and downloaded directly from Biostars webby - Required file wasnt there

Downloading the main Chipset driver and extracting the SR750 folders contents - Didnt like that either

Installing XP and trying to upgrade from that - cant do this as my product key doesnt want to work anymore :S

Only fix i havent tried is setting Optical drive to slave with no master so im going to do that now and see what happens.
Thing is - im not convinced that i had the right files on the Pen drive when i was going for the IDE bus controller as im a bit of a noob with this sorta stuff.

If anyone can link me the specific file that would be really helpful, so i can rule that one out.

Thanks

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
Shops aint open till tommorow :D

Setting the Optical Drive to Slave progresses the installation to an error message i encounter after entering the licence key (takes about 30mins to get to this 2nd error message)

"Windows cannot open the required file D:\Sources\install.wim make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error Code: 0x8007045D"

BAH!!