After installation of SP2 Internet SLOW

I have installed Microsoft XP SP2 update and the internet is now super
slow. What can I do?

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 05:20:58 GMT, mbrown2@rgv.rr.com wrote:

>I have installed Microsoft XP SP2 update and the internet is now super
>slow. What can I do?

Fix it?

Sad that this has become a haven for smart asses! I was looking for
some constructive help.

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 13:30:54 GMT, mbrown2@rgv.rr.com wrote:

>Sad that this has become a haven for smart asses! I was looking for
>some constructive help.
>
>On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 09:41:25 GMT, Justin Thompson
><Justin.Thompson@removethisntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 05:20:58 GMT, mbrown2@rgv.rr.com wrote:
>>

>>>I have installed Microsoft XP SP2 update and the internet is now super
>>>slow. What can I do?
>>
>>Fix it?

The answer was about as helpful as your question. You question is a
bit like saying

"I took my car for a service and now its broken - what's wrong?"

How about telling us a bit about your setup? you broadband? or dial
up? latest drivers for your hardware? who your ISP ? what have you
tried? etc etc etc.

Believe it not - we are not psychic (now watch some post saying they
knew I was going to say that ;) )

Cheers.

Dial-up or high speed?
Update to the latest Windows XP driver for modem/network card.

Also see:

Jupiter Jones
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

<mbrown2@rgv.rr.com> wrote in message

> I have installed Microsoft XP SP2 update and the internet is now
> super
> slow. What can I do?

Try disabling the XP firewall, if you have that enabled -- and if you have
any other firewall installed, by all means, disable the XP one.

<mbrown2@rgv.rr.com> wrote in message

> I have installed Microsoft XP SP2 update and the internet is now super
> slow. What can I do?

TRENDING THREADS