After installed GPU, my PC monitor has no signal

Zvonfeng

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014
I put my PC together 5 days ago and everything works fine. I have been using my onbard intel GPU until I got the new GPU geForce 760, After installed it, my monitor has no signal.

MO has no error code or error beep,, GPU fans spinning fine. What should I do??
I read a lot articles about similar but no one's working yet.

I tried another slot, still has no signal
I didn't install geForce driver yet, I think this should be done after GPU installed.
I only connect one monitor on HDMI.

This is my PC spec.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Zvonfeng/saved/4jUX

Any further help would be appreciate!

Jake Lloyd

Reputable
Feb 27, 2014
Ok so that answers that. Like Huskers said, a BIOS update could help. Also you may need to go into your BIOS and set it to PCIe. If neither of those work then we're getting to the point where you'll need another card and computer. Card to test in your machine, and another computer to test your card.

Zvonfeng

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014

BIOS was updated before I installed everything.

Zvonfeng

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014

I don;t know where to find that setting =[

Zvonfeng

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014

it's connected to MO, but i tried both, neither one is working until I took off my GPU

Zvonfeng

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014

Do i have to use the cables with GPU offered? I was using the cables came with my PSU

Jake Lloyd

Reputable
Feb 27, 2014
Don't need to use the cables that came with the GPU, those are for when your PSU doesn't have two 6 pin connectors. Right now we're running out of options that you can do on your own. It's looking like you'll need a friend with a decent computer and will let you stick in your GPU and see if it runs on a different machine.

With a updated BIOS and everything plugged in and in the right settings you're looking at a GPU failure, PCIe slot failure, or PSU failure.