[SOLVED] After installing 2 new G.Skill 1333 8GB my PC stops loading at boot screen.

Jun 6, 2020
My motherboard is an H55\P55 with an Intel i5 650 Core. The boot screen seems normal but doesnt finish loading. Any advice?

Solution
D
maybe Im unclear about how to get to BIOS, but "Delete" and "F11" dont do anything. Ive tried pushing it and waiting, tapping, press and hold, nothing changes.
UPDATE I was able to get into setup finally and disabled quick boot with only one stick in dimm slot1. Then I put the other one in and started up with both sticks in place with quick boot disabled and now the os loading screen got to the next line where it says "3063MB OK" but now its stuck at this point.
I took note what it said on the bios screen when I only had one stick at a time installed and both sticks said the same thing " 8192MB/1599Mhz DDR3.

As for the BIOS, windows 10 does not allow combination of keys to log into BIOS, you might have...
D

Deleted member 1272431

Have you plugged in audio output for "Beep" signals? Do you hear anything? Motherboard beeping at startup indicates RAM is not recognized.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the RAM?
Have you checked Ram speed compatibility with motherboard and processor?
Are you running other RAMs with different speeds? (of course, you should not)

Jun 6, 2020
I d
Have you plugged in audio output for "Beep" signals? Do you hear anything? Motherboard beeping at startup indicates RAM is not recognized.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the RAM?
Have you checked Ram speed compatibility with motherboard and processor?
Are you running other RAMs with different speeds? (of course, you should not)
I only have two slots for RAM and I only installed the new G.Skill. I do have audio hooked up and didnt notice any beeping but I didnt know about that feature, so I will need to try it again and listen. Does it give different combo of beeps for different issues?

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020
full name and model of board there are many maker of it .
Manufacturer: Intel
Model: H55/P55 M3
Chipset: Intel Havendale/Clarkdale Host Bridge
Southbridge: Q57
LPCIO: Windbond W83627DHG-P

Im not sure if you need more or less info as I am a newb with computers and have learned mostly from youtube and this forum. Thanks for your time!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
For audio, speakers don't work. It needs to be a singular, usually piezo speaker that attaches directly to the motherboard in the same place as the front panel connectors, bottom-right of the mobo.

That mobo supports 1333MHz or 1600MHz, so shouldn't be an issue.

Your ram is on the QVL. You just don't see it. All ram comes from a handful of OEMs, they just slap a vendors heatshield on it and put a sticker on it. But underneath it's all the same. The same ic's are used by corsair, Kingston, Patriot or any number of other vendors.

Gskill tests their ram on motherboards. Pretty much guarantee that your ram combination was tested on that mobo design at the factory years ago for compatability.

Was the ram bought as a 2stick kit? Seperates? Got 2 sticks from ebay that supposedly is a kit? The individual serial numbers should be very close, if not consecutive.

Try booting with no ram. Then try with one stick in the slot closest to the cpu. Is that 1.5v or 1.65v ram? Then try the other stick in the same slot.

If it boots, go directly to bios. And check on the ram.

Jun 6, 2020
For audio, speakers don't work. It needs to be a singular, usually piezo speaker that attaches directly to the motherboard in the same place as the front panel connectors, bottom-right of the mobo.

That mobo supports 1333MHz or 1600MHz, so shouldn't be an issue.

Your ram is on the QVL. You just don't see it. All ram comes from a handful of OEMs, they just slap a vendors heatshield on it and put a sticker on it. But underneath it's all the same. The same ic's are used by corsair, Kingston, Patriot or any number of other vendors.

Gskill tests their ram on motherboards. Pretty much guarantee that your ram combination was tested on that mobo design at the factory years ago for compatability.

Was the ram bought as a 2stick kit? Seperates? Got 2 sticks from ebay that supposedly is a kit? The individual serial numbers should be very close, if not consecutive.

Try booting with no ram. Then try with one stick in the slot closest to the cpu. Is that 1.5v or 1.65v ram? Then try the other stick in the same slot.

If it boots, go directly to bios. And check on the ram.
This is 1.5v ram. I got it from newegg and looking now I see the serial numbers are consecutive. Im going to try your advice, but I want to be clear: I should shut down, remove ram sticks, then power on and see what happens?? Then power down, put one stick closest to motherboard (left slot) then power and and see what happens, then powerdown, put other stick in same slot and power up again? Then upon boot I press command key to go to Bios?
I just want to make ensure I understand your instruction.

Jun 6, 2020
UPDATE Ive gone through the steps and these are the results:
Boot w\ no ram: blank screen, no activity.
Boot w\ 1st stick: begins to run but pressing delete or f11 does nothing. Proceeds to windows startup screen but a message pops up on blue screen stating that my pc detected a problem and needs to restart. It restarts and repeats process over and over with different "STOP CODES" displayed.
Boot w\ 2nd stick: same result as 1st stick.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, booting up with no ram first will automatically cause an error, and force bios to full vette the slots to see if it missed something or find the actual error.

So basically what is happening is you are actually booting just fine, going through the post process is functional, and from what you say, the errors are occurring at OS loading, not at boot. Which is something entirely different from pc not booting.

Put both sticks in, and power up. As soon as windows starts to load, pull the plug from the pc. Instant shutdown. Do this 2-5x, windows should automatically go to the boot options page at some point. Big blue screen, can't miss it. Choose Troubleshoot.

In there you'll find the option to Restart with last known Good Configuration. Try that first. If that fails, go through the process of getting back to troubleshoot and Safe mode w/Command prompt. If that works, type in SFC /SCANNOW (Enter) .

That should find and repair any broken system files that could prevent normal windows load.

In bios, disable Fastboot.

Jun 6, 2020
Yes, booting up with no ram first will automatically cause an error, and force bios to full vette the slots to see if it missed something or find the actual error.

So basically what is happening is you are actually booting just fine, going through the post process is functional, and from what you say, the errors are occurring at OS loading, not at boot. Which is something entirely different from pc not booting.

Put both sticks in, and power up. As soon as windows starts to load, pull the plug from the pc. Instant shutdown. Do this 2-5x, windows should automatically go to the boot options page at some point. Big blue screen, can't miss it. Choose Troubleshoot.

In there you'll find the option to Restart with last known Good Configuration. Try that first. If that fails, go through the process of getting back to troubleshoot and Safe mode w/Command prompt. If that works, type in SFC /SCANNOW (Enter) .

That should find and repair any broken system files that could prevent normal windows load.

In bios, disable Fastboot.
With both sticks in, it does not progress beyond OS Loading. The screen is frozen at "Initializing USB Controllers..Done. it just sits idle at this point.

Jun 6, 2020
Unplug anything and everything usb. Keyboard, mouse, external drives, empty phone charging wires, everything.

Did SFC /SCANNOW show any results?
Disable fastboot?
maybe Im unclear about how to get to BIOS, but "Delete" and "F11" dont do anything. Ive tried pushing it and waiting, tapping, press and hold, nothing changes.

Jun 6, 2020
UPDATE I was able to get into setup finally and disabled quick boot with only one stick in dimm slot1. Then I put the other one in and started up with both sticks in place with quick boot disabled and now the os loading screen got to the next line where it says "3063MB OK" but now its stuck at this point.
I took note what it said on the bios screen when I only had one stick at a time installed and both sticks said the same thing " 8192MB/1599Mhz DDR3.

D

Deleted member 1272431

As for the BIOS, windows 10 does not allow combination of keys to log into BIOS, you might have noticed. You must try a restart with troubleshoot options.

For the second part, It might not recognize a RAM stick. Are you plugging them one yes one no if you have 4 slots?
Have you tried identifying if there is one stick in particular it does not recognize (it might be faulty) or your system might not support that RAM configuration.
I could not find your board or your processor (critical to accept memory).
Could you provide the exact model of both or a link to the manufacturer's website?

Solution
Jun 6, 2020
As for the BIOS, windows 10 does not allow combination of keys to log into BIOS, you might have noticed. You must try a restart with troubleshoot options.

For the second part, It might not recognize a RAM stick. Are you plugging them one yes one no if you have 4 slots?
Have you tried identifying if there is one stick in particular it does not recognize (it might be faulty) or your system might not support that RAM configuration.
Could you provide the exact model of both or a link to the manufacturer's website?
I actually did get to bios through setup by pressing "Delete" during os load. I watched videos on how to get there through the start menu, but with the new ram i stalled, my computer never started windows. I listed all the info I saw for the motherboard in an earlier post. I used CPUID to get that info, where can I get the info youre asking for? As far as I knew, Intel was the manufacturer and I assumed "Clarkdale" referred to the location where it was manufactured. Sorry for my ignorance on the matter, thats why Im here talking to you guys. Thank you for your time!

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020

https://click.linksynergy.com/deepl...w.newegg.com/p/1B4-090P-000E9?&quicklink=true
This motherboard is physically identical to mine. I believe its exactly the same. Idk how many models might look identical, but I cant find a single difference.

Jun 6, 2020
similar board lower price chinese made https://www.amazon.com/Festnight-Motherboard-LGA1156-DDR3-Supports/dp/B07NPFGR8Z could you give ful name and model of old and new ram you got seams new not is not compatibility list for this board .
Ok, so if Im going to swap the motherboard, I may as well get something that Ill be able to expand upon in the future. Soon, this type of board will be obselete and Ill have to get a new one anyway if I decide to upgrade further. Ive already upgraded the power supply to a thermaltake 750 and the gpu is a radeon rx 580. Based on what I have, what do I need to know about upgrading my mainboard and chipset? Id like to go to DDR4 if I could.