After installing a new ram, no display signal

CB Hilarious

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015
i just recently bought a new 4gb ram 1600mhz for my new computer, after installing it, there wasnt display signal. i tried uninstalling the new ram but it still doesnt work. the computer boots perfectly fine and there wasnt any beep sound. i tried using dvi and d sub on both motherboard and gpu. i tried cleaning it. i tried reasembling my whole computer,

Solution
Was this replacing a prior 4GB stick, or added in addition to the existing one?

If you replaced an existing stick:

1. Put the old stick back in. If it boots, the new RAM is either bad or you'll need to tweak the speed settings.

2. If the old stick also doesn't boot, you may have a problem with the motherboard. Check both sticks in all RAM slots.

If you added this to an existing stick:

1. Pull the new stick. If it boots, replace the old with the new. If it doesn't boot, the RAM is bad (or, again, you might have to adjust speed settings).

2. if both sticks boot in the same slot, make sure you're matching the sticks. Double-check that the speed, CAS & voltage on both sticks match. If they don't, you need to make sure they...

vesp3r

Distinguished
remove smos battery and put it back in after a while. This should reset your bios settings and you should be able to boot normally with the old ram
Make sure the new ram is supported by your motherboard. Also sometimes you need to update bios

spdragoo

Splendid
Ambassador
Was this replacing a prior 4GB stick, or added in addition to the existing one?

If you replaced an existing stick:

1. Put the old stick back in. If it boots, the new RAM is either bad or you'll need to tweak the speed settings.

2. If the old stick also doesn't boot, you may have a problem with the motherboard. Check both sticks in all RAM slots.

If you added this to an existing stick:

1. Pull the new stick. If it boots, replace the old with the new. If it doesn't boot, the RAM is bad (or, again, you might have to adjust speed settings).

2. if both sticks boot in the same slot, make sure you're matching the sticks. Double-check that the speed, CAS & voltage on both sticks match. If they don't, you need to make sure they match.

3. If they match, make sure you're using the right slots. Most motherboards have defined slots that have to be used in order to use dual-channel mode. Check your motherboard manual.

Solution

CB Hilarious

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015

My computer always boots up no matter which ram i put, but the problem is there is no signal from my monitor to my computer.. i tried dvi and vga both doesn't work..