Question After installing (armoury crate) my RAM RGN turned off?

Apr 2, 2021
As the title says my Trident Z RGB no longer turns on i tried turning it on with the Trident software its still doesn't show any signs of turning on?

Before i installed the software the lights of the RAM were working just fine! And i am running out of idea.

Apr 2, 2021
Thanks for the reply! And where should i look for the over written setting in the bios? And for what setting should i be looking for. Also when i open the Armour crate it doesn't show my ram in the Sync devices

Apr 2, 2021
The motherboard i am currently using is the ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING, yeah i even got photos of yesterday of the RGN in the ram working perfectly fine and after i installed the software its just no longer working.

Also is that jacknet? When i tried to install it yesterday i got a malware Alert from my avast? So i got kinda scared to install it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Yes, it was jacknet. I haven't tried to install it as it doesn't support my motherboard.

link shows aura should work with ram - link - as it did 3 years ago. Although they used Aura to control ram.
Do you have newest bios? Aura sync newest version?

Apr 2, 2021
Mmmm i install it yesterday so i assume i do? if not can you perhaps send me a link so i can redownload it? Maybe i downloaded the wrong one which it was from this website https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/download.php i went for the first installation which it was Armour crate although there were 2 other options besides that one.

Btw you keep saying Aura sync? so i assume armour crate and aura sync are not the same?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Apr 2, 2021
It's okay i was just a bit confused because i thought i downloaded the wrong program. When i go into tools in the Amour crate says no new bios available so i assume i do? But to make sure where can i check if i have the latest bios update?

Colif

Win 11 Master
You compare the latest here - https://rog.asus.com/au/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-z370-e-gaming-model/helpdesk_bios
with what shows on the system information app next to BIOS Version/Date field

its probably right if you have newest version of AC.

What do you use Armory Crate for? you could uninstall it and see if the functions return. You might need to reinstall the Trident software again to get it to work. If Armory Crate runs at start up its likely loading its own settings for board, even if it doesn't appear to do ram.

Apr 2, 2021
I installed Amour crate for the RGN in my motherboard? so i tried to control it with it because i was tired of random colors but now i got what i wanted but my RAM rgn is no longer working so i was thinking maybe i fried the lights of my ram RGN? If that is even possible?

But i am gonna try unistalling it and installing trident see if that works.

Btw when i go to control panel i see a lot of things related to the Amour crate such as, ASUS RGN lighting and other things related to it! Do i unistall all of it or just the armour crate?

Colif

Win 11 Master
I installed Amour crate for the RGN in my motherboard? so i tried to control it with it because i was tired of random colors but now i got what i wanted
I did that with mine, although its default colour was red and I wanted to alter it to a less difficult color - blue - so I loaded my software, changed color and then removed it again
but my RAM rgn is no longer working so i was thinking maybe i fried the lights of my ram RGN? If that is even possible?
i don't think so, I think Aura is just masking it.

can you show screen shot of extra things as I want to know what they are - upload to an image sharing website and show link here. Most Asus software is better off not on PC.

why you calling it RGN? its RGB?

Apr 2, 2021
https://ibb.co/k1LVZ4w This is a picture btw of my control panel unistall programs, and this is what it shows. If you don't feel safe clicking that link let me know a program of your choice that i can take pictures of it and turn it into links i used this website. https://imgbb.com/ for that. If you feel safer with Gyazo i can also install it.

Sorry! Kinda new to PC so i thought it was RGN. But yes RGB :)

Apr 2, 2021
Mmmm alright i will unistall all of it then restart the computer and install the Trident Software to see if the ram gonna turn the RGB lights back on. give me a couple of minutes!

Apr 2, 2021
https://ibb.co/jDHpFP4 So this happened when i was uninstalling the ROG services, I pressed the first one but i don't know if that was the right choice.
Also my RGBs from the motherboard and the fans stopped changing colors to thee ones that i set and are stuck with one color not sure if i did something wrong.

Apr 2, 2021
After many tries i have tried uninstalling ASUS motherboard from my pc and its not working. I tried deleting all the folders from the pc that were related to ASUS and still nothing!

As you can see in this image https://ibb.co/7K54Ty9 tried closing everything with task manager as well and still can't seem to be able to delete it, like the prompt to delete shows up but after i press yes nothing happens and it doesn't uninstall it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
of all the program names. I remember this one, there are too many results on Google for ASUS Motherboard. It might not be involved. just leave it.

Also my RGBs from the motherboard and the fans stopped changing colors to thee ones that i set and are stuck with one color not sure if i did something wrong.

You can't have moving colours unless you run Armory Crate, so solid one color is normal as its saved onto the bios.

in your BIOS, the tab you want to find is on the Onboard Devices Configuration tab (Page 3-18 here - link) though the choice is just on/off

Apr 2, 2021
Also Do you think Jacknet would fix the problem? and if so can you check for me if that malware is actually harmful? Or i can also send you a pic of what it shows up if you would like.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I didn't get any warnings downloading it and I would have expected Bitdefender to complain if there were any problems. I don't really want to install it as it only supports 1 of my RGB devices (Corsair) and my rgb is working at the moment.

you could whitelist it as it seems it used to set Norton off as well - link