[SOLVED] After installing new Ram PC wont boot. READ close this one’s different I swear

Feb 7, 2022
When I bought my PC it came with 2 8GB sticks of G. Skill DDR4 3000. I recently decided to buy 2 additional sticks. So I bought 2 of the EXACT SAME sticks. I turn the computer on and receive the common message letting me know the amount of memory changed. I accept and continue. No biggie. I start playing around on the computer and everything is going perfect. Then I get an update that requires a reboot. Now the PC won’t post. Black screen. Fans going but nothing happening. I take the new memory out and it all does fine. Then I turn off computer and put the new memory back in and everything goes fine. Bios tells me I have new memory. I continue. Everything works fine. Then I get another update. All happens again!!! I’ve searched google and everything I get as a result is about PCs that just won’t boot after installing new sticks. Not my issue.
Slot 1 - old stick
Slot 2 - new stick
Slot 3 - old stick
Slot 4 - new stick
Would that matter? Please help. This is driving me insane!!!!

Solution
Two identical sets of DDR4 RAM could still be incompatible if they're not from the same production bin. A 4x8GB RAM kit would all be from the same production bin.

-Wolf sends
Feb 7, 2022
About the only thing you can do at this point is purchase (or borrow) a 4x8GB RAM Kit, install that and wait for the next update to occur. If you still have the boot issue after the update, then the issue is not RAM.

-Wolf sends

thank you for responding. This is actually the set this has happened to. I’ll clarify. Like I said before the computer came with 2 8GB sticks. Well, I added two new sticks totally different speeds but compatible. It just made me throttle the faster 2 of the 4. the same issue happened. I just figured I would buy 2 identical this time and the same thing happened.

Feb 7, 2022
What is this "update"?
This was a Razer keyboard update that required a restart. Once before it was a windows update with the same result.
Two identical sets of DDR4 RAM could still be incompatible if they're not from the same production bin. A 4x8GB RAM kit would all be from the same production bin.

-Wolf sends
Gotcha. I will try that if the problem happens again. I can do a restart from the start menu but if the pc requires restart for any reason I get nothing and have to take out new ram then turn on then turn off and add new ram. Then it’s fine until the next required restart. I went in and turned off XMP and waiting till the next required reboot to see if this fixes it.

This was a Razer keyboard update that required a restart. Once before it was a windows update with the same result.

Gotcha. I will try that if the problem happens again. I can do a restart from the start menu but if the pc requires restart for any reason I get nothing and have to take out new ram then turn on then turn off and add new ram. Then it’s fine until the next required restart. I went in and turned off XMP and waiting till the next required reboot to see if this fixes it.
tried to update the motherboard bios to the latest?

TRENDING THREADS