[SOLVED] After Installing Sound Blasterx AE-5 Plus Driver PC Windows Won't Start

Jun 1, 2021
Hi everyone, today I received the Sound Blasterx AE-5 Plus sound card that I ordered. I closed my pc and disconnected the power supply just to be sure and installed it in my motherboard pcie slot immediately. Didn't wanted any rgp lights so I left any rgp outlets disconnected. Then after connecting the power supply everything worked just fine, windows started just fine, the speakers were working just fine (the speakers that I use is Logitech z506) and didn't had any problem.

So I opened the creative.com/support/ae5plus to download Sound Blaster Command software for some tweaking. I instaled the driver just like any other program and it asked me to restart the windows. So I did. The PC shutdown and never started again. Then I tried to open it manually by pressing the power button, fans stared spining at full blast but there was nothing in my monitor, no windwos starting screen, no bios screen, literally nothing. I changed the display connection to other ports in my graphics card and it didn't work. Then tried to connecting my monitor with the HDMI cable but still it didn't work too. Whenever I try to open my PC by pressing the power button the fans work just fine but there is no opening screen of anything, tried to switching on and off the power supply for a few times but that didn't help too.

What should I do, I never encountered such a problem like this before. I changed the graphics card, the hard disks before but never anything like this happened.

Solution
D
Use system restore to get back to the point where you were before you installed the drivers
Jun 1, 2021
CPU: Intel i7 4770k
Motherboard: Asus A87-A
RAM: GSkill DDR3 4x4GB (I don't remember the exact model number)
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX980 STRIX OC
PSU: COOLER MASTER GX-2 80PLUS 750W (It came with the case -> Haf 912 advanced)
Storage: Samsung 850 Pro for Windows and two other hdd for storing the games and stuff
I also tried to take out the sound card and run the PC without it but same the problem continued.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

Use system restore to get back to the point where you were before you installed the drivers

Solution