Question After Installing Windows 10 Should I Install Drivers from the Manufacturer?

ink123

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
Hi, I installed Windows 10 from bootable media. After the installation, I checked every device in device manager and I didn't see any exclamation marks. Everything seems working fine. Should I download and install drivers from the manufacturer's site? Or would it be unnecessary?

Lutfij

Titan
You should be able to find all necessary drivers for your motherboard from the motherboard maker's support site. You could conversely look for the latest chipset drivers from Intel's or AMD's support pages. Your GPU drivers can be found on AMD, Intel or Nvidia's support site...for a better response, might want to list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

ink123

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
You should be able to find all necessary drivers for your motherboard from the motherboard maker's support site. You could conversely look for the latest chipset drivers from Intel's or AMD's support pages. Your GPU drivers can be found on AMD, Intel or Nvidia's support site...for a better response, might want to list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

CPU: Intel I7 4790K
Motherboard: MSI Gaming 5 Z97
Ram: GSkill DDR3 8x2 1600 mhz
GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Ti
SSD: Samsung Evo 860 M2 500 gb

Apart from gpu drivers, will downloading drivers from the motherboard's support page be sufficient? Or do I need to download other drivers from other manufacturers' support sites? Motherboard's support site has drivers for chipset, sata, lan etc.

https://tr.msi.com/Motherboard/Z97-GAMING-5/support#driver