Question After Intallation of New Graphics card Computer randomly freezes on first boot

Janoi Dixon

Commendable
Sep 11, 2016
As posted in the title, after I bought the new graphics card, on first boot the computer boots fine to windows you can use it for a bit but then BOOM!! it freezes and then i have hit the reset button and after i reset it, its fine after no freezing or any issues for the whole day maybe weeks just once you don't shutdown the computer and it has to boot up back again from a cold start.

So i am assuming its the graphics card that is causing the problem because when i was using the old one it never did this.

Please help... Please see specs below:

Motherboard: Asrock H81M-VG4
Old GPU: Radeon HD 6850 Sapphire
New GPU: XFX R7 360
RAM: Ripjaws Gskill 4*2 GB
HDD: 1TB Western Digital Enterprise edition
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 250 GB This has windows on it
CPU: intel i5 4570 3.20 ghz Turbo boost up to 3.6 ghz
Power Supply: EVEA 450 BT Watt Bronze 80+ ---------------> could this be the problem cause i have a power hungry cpu at 84W plus other components that seems hungry too

Lutfij

Titan
How old is your PSU? You should ideally have a PSU that has a little more headroom(and of good build quality) to avoid the issue of a GPU being starved of power. On another note, did you uninstall your prior GPU drivers before dropping in the R7 360?

Janoi Dixon

Commendable
Sep 11, 2016
How old is your PSU? You should ideally have a PSU that has a little more headroom(and of good build quality) to avoid the issue of a GPU being starved of power. On another note, did you uninstall your prior GPU drivers before dropping in the R7 360?

Soon one year old.... I bought it brand new......
Yes I actually formatted the computer because when I got the new gpu I have reached the time for when I always format my computer and do a clean installation of windows and I did just that with the new gpu installed