after market cooling fan vs cooling fan that comes with the cpu

leekhulet

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
if your not into ocing/sli or crossfire, would you choose to stick w/ the cooling fan that comes with your cpu or get an aftermarket cooling fan like the cooler master hyper evo 212

Solution
If you are not going to be overclocking, in 99% of most cases, the stock cpu cooler is fine.

However, as others have mentioned, there are several reasons why you my want to go with an aftermarket cooler:

1. An aftermarket cooler will keep your cpu temperature(s) lower than the stock cooler would

2. An aftermarket cooler will run quieter than the stock cooler in most situations (although in some situations you might need to replace the fan(s) that come with it.

3. If you have a side window that allows you to see within yor case, an aftermarket cooler just looks better than the stock cooler.

Things to research before purchasing an aftermarket cooler:

1. Is it compatible with your cpu socket type? Most, but nt all, are fairly...

HammerBlaster

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
It depends on what CPU you're using I would personally say. I'm going to build a gaming pc with a AMD Athlon II X4 760K and many people have said use something like a Hyper Evo 212. I've heard that the original Intel heatsinks aren't too bad but if you're running something like an i7, then I would say get a decent cooler - you don't want the CPU blowing up!

leekhulet

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
the cpu that im planning to get is an amd fx6300, most of the time it will be left idle because im into downloading movies. sometimes i'll leave it running for 2days without turning it off. so going with an aftermarket cooling fan like the hyper evo 212 will be a good choice?

animal

Distinguished
If you are not going to be overclocking, in 99% of most cases, the stock cpu cooler is fine.

However, as others have mentioned, there are several reasons why you my want to go with an aftermarket cooler:

1. An aftermarket cooler will keep your cpu temperature(s) lower than the stock cooler would

2. An aftermarket cooler will run quieter than the stock cooler in most situations (although in some situations you might need to replace the fan(s) that come with it.

3. If you have a side window that allows you to see within yor case, an aftermarket cooler just looks better than the stock cooler.

Things to research before purchasing an aftermarket cooler:

1. Is it compatible with your cpu socket type? Most, but nt all, are fairly universal, meaning they will fit most socket types. But check to make sure.

2. Is it compatible with your motherboard? Make sure it will not interfere with any motherboard connections such as power connectors, RAM slots, PCI-E slots, or any other otherboard hook-ups.

3. Is it compatible with your case? Different cases will allow for different heighth cpu coolers, make sure yours will fit!

Solution

SirFerret

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
I just bought myself a 6300, and the little stock cooler is pathetic. I would totally go for an aftermarket set up to keep it much cooler and most importantly, keep it silent. You don't need anything overkill, but something like the EVO 212 is a great choice and value.

TRENDING THREADS