[SOLVED] After Months of Flawless Use My Computer Will Not Turn On

Biwy

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014
Here is my build and my problem will follow:
Monitor - Acer XFA240 bmjdpr 24"
CPU Cooler - DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX GT BK, CPU Air Cooler
PSU - Corsair CX Series 650 Watt 80 Plus Bronze
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)
MOBO - ASUS TUF B450-Plus Gaming Motherboard
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU - Zotac GeForce 1070

Hello everyone. If you look at my post history I had an issue similar to this. My computer would not turn on and I finally deduced the problem to a faulty display port wire that was shorting my computer. After I switched out the cable I had months of flawless use and after shutting my computer down last night I cannot turn it back on. The motherboard light turns on so it is receiving power but it will not turn. I reseated the CPU and unplugged and reseated every component within my computer and it still will not turn on. I’ve unplugged every external hardware and it still does not turn on. Could it be my motherboard? Any other trouble shoots?

Biwy

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014
Any motherboard error code beeps/LEDs? Check the troubleshooting section of the User Guide/Manual.

What about the CMOS battery on the motherboard? Did you try a new battery?

Thank you for your reply, I just switched out the power supplies and still no successful boot so I’m pretty sure it is the motherboard and not the power supply. And I did not switch out the CMOS battery. If that was faulty however wouldn’t the LEDs not even light up? And the user guide does not have a troubleshooting guide, I just checked. My motherboard has never had a speaker for beeps and the LEDs are on like normal.

Last edited:

Biwy

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014
I’m rather certain the Mobo is dead. I plugged in an old and operational PSU to the RAM and CPU, the LEDs turned on, and clicked the power button and nothing happened. CPU reseated, RAM reseated, GPU reseated then removesd and all externals removes. Given the temps of my GPU and CPU were top notch yesterday and my RAM seating didn’t change a thing i have deduced that it must be the Mobo. It is under warranty so I am having isn’t sent out. Please let me know what you think

Biwy

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014
Me again, I did the paper clip PSU test and my PSU turns on. Like I said CPU temps were perfect and I reseated it and the pins were fine and I tried booting with one RAM in multiple slots and I tried a diff power supply and all of that resulted in no boot. With this PSU test I’m certain it’s the MOBO

Biwy

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014

Biwy

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014